“Great New Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Fayetteville
“Great New Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We needed to find a nice place to stay in Durham, close to the Durham Performing Arts Center. Really wanted something nice, clean, safe, and comfortable. Well guess what!? We found it at the Hampton Inn & Suites!
The new hotel was beautiful! Very clean and nicely appointed with an indoor pool and fitness center. The room was very clean, and the best ac I have ever experienced! Absolutely no noise from outside or other rooms. Loved the shower! Who really uses tubs anymore? The breakfast was great, especially the waffles.
Service was awesome! Everyone was helpful and very friendly.
Will definitely stay here the next time I come to Durham!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lexusjockey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Grafton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

We were in Durham visiting Mrs. Red Sox Nation's aunt and uncle and chose this hotel because it was halfway between thier house and Bullocks. I think we were the first people to sleep in the room. Very nice and a very comfortable bed. Staff was very nice on check in and check out, breakfast was the acceptable standard Hampton Inn fare. There is a pretty good restaurant across the parking lot, we received a free desert complements of the hotel.

It offers easy access to I85 andto Duke.

This will be our choice when we are in Durham visting relatives

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RedSoxNation1
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thanks for feedback. We are very fortunate as far as location. Right off the interstate, minutes from Downtown and Duke University, great restaurants close by, etc. We are glad we could satisfy your needs and wants.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

We were only here one night, but really enjoyed our stay. Our suite was spacious and the sofabed was comfortable for the fifth person traveling with us. The facilities were in great condition and the kids enjoyed the pool. The only real negative is that your dining options are limited as there aren't many restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business and was pleasantly surprised with the staff and the room. The room was immaculate and everything was perfect. I will definetly stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks a lot for the compliments. We take pride in the quality of our staff as well as the cleanliness of our rooms. All the credit to them. We look forward to having you again.
NORTH CAROLINA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was looking for a nice place to stay while visiting my son at college in Chapel Hill NC. Thankfully, I found this hotel through AAA the rate was great rate and I was so pleased with my stay. I had a king suite which was perfect for my son who decided to sleep over. The room was quite large and sectioned off so if someone wanted to stay up late they could without disturbing others. There was a nice flat screen TV that you could swivel in different directions.The mall is within walking distance and there is actually a cross walk which makes it safe to cross the intersection. There is a restaurant in the same circle as the hotel and it was open quite late. The staff was quite friendly and nice! The hotel is only a few months old so everything is practically new. Parking does become scarce later in the evening but there is additional parking. The only negative thing was the breakfast the selection was lacking taste and there was not enough variety. We ended up stopping at an I Hop on the way back home.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are glad you were able to enjoy your time. Hampton Inn did a great job with the new rooms layouts. Classy, spacious, and functional. Thanks for the insights about breakfast. We will take note of your comments to improve what we offer to our guests. We hope to see you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Hotel right off I-85 next to mall and around the bend to Duke and Chapel Hill beyond. Parking is free and gets crowded at night (but there is more behind the hotel). The rooms are decently appointed and feel (and smell) new. Lack of functioning black out drapes were a little problematic since the outside spot lights blazed into the room at night but we improvised. The bathroom was especially nice and large. The electricals there were not all in working order. The standard Hampton breakfast was offered There wasn't enough space between tables to allow easy access when the dining room was crowded. Except in dining staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you much for the insights. I am sorry you had issues with the drapes and electrical outlets. Those are some hiccups attached to a large brand new building. We will work on them. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and the staff.
Please visit us again.
West Lafayette IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The rooms are large and clean with comfortable beds and the bathrooms are large with big walk-in showers. And because this is a new hotel, the room had lots of outlets for charging electronics. Our room faced a busy road but we didn't hear any road noise because the windows were double- or triple-paned. The staff here was friendly.

The breakfast area was pleasant and was a typical Hampton Inn buffet with cereal, fruit, waffle maker, and some re-heated hot food such as French toast or cheese omelets.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Hampton has done an amazing job at designing their new room layouts. Spacious, clean, and practical. We appreciate the positive review, and cannot wait to see you again!