“Best hotel evah!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Best hotel evah!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay and so close to Duke. You can walk to east campus. Very nice rooms and good service. I would love to spend another night here. (By the way, there is a mall right by the hotel. It was very convenient!)

• Stayed July 2012
John L, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad to hear that you really enjoyed our property,staff, location and service here.We will share your comments to our staff here.Looking forward to serve you in near future. Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have travelled several times in the past two months between Lilburn, Ga. and the New York City Area. I have gotten used to marginal service from various chains: not honoring internet reservation prices as well as rude receptions and marginal accomodations. As a road weary traveller I was pleasantly surprised with the service I received as well as the accomodations. I will be staying at this location when I travel in this direction. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you. A positive review from a traveler expert is always gratifying. Everyone works really hard to make sure we offer the best. We look forward to having you again.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors until the moment we left, the experience was excellent! The lady who checked us in went out of her way to help. I was looking for some specfic addresses and mentioned that I would be back to see if the directions I had were accurate. When I returned, she had already printed out directions! She then clarified and simplified them so we had no trouble getting to our destinations. The room was spacious, bright and comfortable. It was immaculately clean, which is probably the most important feature! The location was perfect for our purposes as well. In spite of being in a busy location, it was very quiet. The breakfast buffet was enjoyed by all the guests each morning, but the folks in charge made certain that everything was filled and available throughout that busy time of day. Having the microwave, refrigerature and extra "kitchen sink and counter" area was so helpful! I really can't say enough positive about this hotel. It is the best!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We are so fortunate to have a staff that genuinely cares about our guests, and getting a reviews like yours makes us feel good. All the credit to them. It is our hope that if you ever come back, we will impress you just as much. Take care
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights while touring Duke University. Easy to get to off the highway and just a short drive from campus, this is a nice, new, clean, comfortable hotel. Helpful front desk. Good complimentary breakfast. Noisy A/C is its only fault.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thanks a lot. We appreciate your insights about the AC units. We rarely hear issues about them, but we surely will look into it. Good luck with getting into Duke University!
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We arrived in Durham tired and worn out from a long trip with two teenagers in a minivan. When we arrived, the person at the front desk apologized that our room was not ready but they would be willing to provide us with another room if we were in a hurry, that would be comparable. We declined the room because it was a handicapped suite that had a shower that our kids made a huge mess with on a previous stay in another Hampton. The front desk person, who I later found out was the general manager, Quentin Guichard, then offered us a unique opportunity. He suggested, after asking a series of very good questions, that we might want to purchase an extra room for the kids. He gave us a great price and made all of us extremely happy. The rooms were clean and perfect. I have stayed at the finest hotels in the world and cannot remember a more accommodating staff. Hilton and Hampton are very lucky to have a general manager like Quentin Guichard. Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank Scott W
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
I do not know what to say... Your comments are really touching. I was just trying to do my job the best way possible, and I am confident that any of our staff would have done the same. We all thank you for being patient and understanding. you made it really easy to please. Please come back!
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed with our 2 young kids in a room with 2 queen-sized beds. The place looked brand new, and was perfectly clean. No strange smells, and no noise from other rooms even though the place seemed well-booked. AC worked great. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. This will be our hotel from now on when we visit durham.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Well, this is what we love to hear! Guest loyalty is priceless. We will do everything we can to offer you the same level of customer service each time you visit us.
Thanks again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2012

A new facility with a spacious lobby, this location provides easy access to the beautiful Duke University chapel nearby, and is adjacent to a shopping center with restaurants from which to choose . Although the hotel is clearly visible from Interstate I-85, access from the Interstate exit to Gregson Street is a bit tricky.
The staff was warm, friendly, and responsive. They immediately relocated us from the first room in which the window air conditioning unit had a repetitive squeak to another room with a quiet unit. Amenities included a microwave and refrigerator, and an extra blanket to replace the duvet that seems to have become hotel standard, and is excessively heavy for us.
The complementary continental breakfast included the wide selection of items standard for Hampton Inns.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dewpilot
quentin g, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We appreciate your feedbacks. I am sorry the Durham roads tricked you, but you are correct, it is a little harder than it looks. I am glad we could take care of you quickly and put you in a more suitable room. We hope that you will visit us again.