“Great Visit”

Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Visit”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Our new favorite place to stay in Durham. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, it's quiet, and it's convenient. Our room was quiet even though it was near the elevator. The cleaning personnel were very efficient and attentive to our needs. we will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway. As you would expect from a Hampton, the front guest staff were superb! The rooms were very spacious and modernly decorated. The breakfast was great and the staff running the breakfast were even greater! I asked about the kind of meat that was in the gravy. I was told what it "should" be. However, I was even offered some turkey sausage, which was not on the bar because I do not pork. When I ran into a problem at the front desk, Jon, the ADM, was very supportive and provided me with every accommodation possible. This hotel is located within walking distance to the mall. This will be my preferred place of stay in Durham, NC.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This beautiful Hampton Inn is new, comfortable, and convenient to everything in Durham. The bedding was the most comfortable I've enjoyed at a hotel in many a year. My King Room featured an awesome walk-in sliding glass-door shower that had tons of room to move around. Every hotel that has those crappy tubs with the clingy shower curtains should rip them out and replace them with these. Showering was easy and refreshing, to say the least. I never had to touch the climate control as the room temperature was very comfortable even though outside temp was 75 when I checked in and only 50 the following morning.

The hotel is very easy to find, as it is directly off of I-85 and you almost drive into it after exiting the highway. A mere 10 minute cab ride or less will get you anywhere in Durham.

I highly recommend planning your stay here if you are visiting Durham. This is the place I will stay anytime I'm back in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed in at least a half dozen Hampton Inns and I like them for their reliable cleanliness, friendliness, and comfortable beds. So, when I arrived at this brand spanking new Hampton Inn the other day, I wasn't surprised to be met by a predictable Hampton Inn lobby with a smiley and efficient front desk crew and the smell of fresh-baked cookies. When I got to my room, though, is when I was really impressed. Yes, it had the classic crinkly-textured duvet covers, lap desk, basic toiletries comfortable bed, shower with rounded curtain and Water Pik shower head, etc. -- but the room was a huge suite with a kitchenette (refrigerator, microwave, sink), and a comfortable sitting area separated from the sleeping area by a cleverly designed work station with internet port andTV on a swivel stand that can be turned to face the living area or the bedroom area.

The breakfasts were classic Hampton (waffle maker, eggs, turkey sausage, oatmeal, cold cereals and breads/pastries, whole fruit, packaged individual fruit cups, drinks, etc.

Bring your bathing suit -- the pool is actually big enough to swim in. And your workout clothes -- the gym is well-equipped with modern machines.

Staff was friendly and efficient. The hotel is very new and everything seems to be in working order.

Easy on-off I-85 and an easy drive to downtown Durham. Free parking. Less than a half hour from the airport.

My pet peeve with Hampton Inns is that they are not as environmentally friendly as other chains I frequent .... All breakfast plates and bowls are made of styrofoam, utensils are all disposable plastic, there's no recycling in the rooms, the air conditioners are blowing cold air into unoccupied rooms, and the Hampton Inn chain proudly tweeted its followers this weekend that they have put a million Post-its in rooms around the country, announcing that their duvets are washed between guests. How many trees does it take to make a million Post-its?

For a commercial chain in this price bracket, I cannot complain about the service, the amenities, or the comfort of the room.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all the rooms seem to be the same size, laid out the same way -- the differe...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 28 September 2012

A pleasant surprise. The rooms have the "new room smell" which is refreshing. This is a new Hampton. Great service and complementry breakfast with a good assortment of foods. Bed was very comfortable. Room very clean and quiet. Pet friendly at no additional charge. Excellent value. Close to I-85

Room Tip: Use the side entrance close to the elevators if traveling with a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael V
Ft Collins Colorado
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Gorgeous hotel, convenient location, brand new hotel! You can tell from the moment you drive in that it will be a lovely place to stay! I'm having surgery tomorrow and needed a place to stay the night before so my doctors office recommended this place. You can tell the employees love working here and are.very friendly and courteous. I plan to stay here for my next 2 surgeries that I'm having.

• Stayed September 2012
durham
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I am a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member and have stayed at this new property on three different occasions for an extended stay (minimum one week stay). The hotel is brand new but it does not take that aspect for granted. The team is diligent, friendly, and attentive from housekeeping to front desk, and onwards to the night staff. The property is secure and walking distance to a nice restaurant/pub (Tripps), and Northgate Mall. It is obvious the management and staff are doing a fantastic job because this property is constantly running full after only opening just six months ago. Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo