Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
La Quinta
US$68
US$64
Red Roof
All reviewstripps restaurantnorthgate mallduke universityclose to downtowneasy accessroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastgreat place to stayoff the highwayoatmealbreakfast staffconvenient locationwould definitely stay here againexcellent stayhotel is locatedindoor poolvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at the Hampton Inn and had a fantastic stay. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff is friendly and competent. I stayed in a King suite and it had a great bed plus a pull out couch, fridge and microwave. There is a good restaurant, Tripps, across the street plus a mall. I had business at Duke and it was a 10 minute drive to campus. All in all this was the Best Hampton inn I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear KBD87,

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are flattered to hear we've been your best stay at a Hampton! It's also great that our location worked out well for your needs. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Right off I85. Perfect stop at about my halfway point for a trip I make several times a year. Beds are clean, comfortable, breakfast is lovely, healthy choices. Love having Tripps restaurant a walk across the parking lot.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear mpontheroad,

Thanks for writing about your recent stay; I'm glad that our location was great for your needs and that you had a comfortable, clean visit! We hope to see you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you are planning to visit the Research Triangle, Duke University or Durham, this hotel is one to strongly consider. The location is off I-85, just north of downtown Durham. Great rooms, staff and facilities. One of the best breakfast rooms I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Thomas N,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and we're very grateful for your recommendation and high ratings. It's also great to hear you love our complimentary breakfast and find our guest service exemplary! Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a great location off the highway. There's a mall nearby that looks decent although I didn't visit it. Here's what could be better: the fitness room is very very hot. I know you want to sweat during your workout, but between the bright lights (I couldn't find a switch to turn them off) and the sun beaming into the room, it was sauna hot. And there's no way to control the temp and no ceiling fans or fans built into the machines. That being said, the equipment was decent for a quick cardio and weights workout. The water tank was welcomed to fill my bottle, but the water was warm. Sigh... The breakfast was had good options. The oatmeal was really good. Just bring your own cinnamon if you like that on your oatmeal. The complimentary coffee/hot water for tea in the lobby is welcomed but the staff needs to keep a better eye on the levels. The toilet paper is bad... one-ply/super cheap. Bring your own Charmin (or maybe hotel can upgrade?). The rooms should be stocked with more than two towels, wash cloths and hand towels - especially when there are more than two guests registered. Even though the hotel is right off the highway, you really don't hear the cars and the walls aren't super thin. The environment is perfect for a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator/vending. Ask for extra towels. There are refrigerators and microwaves so stock up on snacks and water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear zumbarita,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to our hotel. While I'm glad you had a good stay overall, I do apologize for the aspects that fell short of your expectations and will pass all of your feedback onto our team for further discussion - we want all of our guests to enjoy their workouts! If you'd like to speak about anything further, please give me a call at the number below. Otherwise, thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent one night here in a King bed room. Hotel location is good, right off the highway and near a shopping mall. Room was clean and had the typical furnishings. Bed was comfortable and pillows were soft. Bathroom has a full shower instead of a tub. No problems or issues here. Breakfast seating area is nicer than most Hamptons, large roomy area. Typical food served. A restaurant called Tripps is a very short walk from the front parking lot.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear mkjbs,

We appreciate you writing about your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites and are happy that it was a good one! I'm glad to read you enjoyed many of our amenities as well as the spaciousness of our breakfast area. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you for another stay soon!