“Nice hotel, good location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice hotel and good location. We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The rooms were clean and spacious (we got the suite), and reasonably priced. The suite was great for two small children. Enough room for kids to play and not get in each other's way. The free breakfast was decent, with lots of options. The location was not too far from the 9th street district (~1.5 miles away) and Duke University. Easy access to the RDU airport via highway (~30 min drive). Staff was friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear nkgrl,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay and are happy to read it was a good one! I'm glad to hear you found our guest room spacious and clean and that you enjoyed the array of amenities we offer. Thanks for your high ratings and we hope to see you for another stay soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is an upscale hotel which provides top grade furnishings and accomodations. Everything was extremely clean and the location is very convenient to nearby attractions. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gena G,

Thanks for sharing your experience at our hotel - I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay so much and found us very clean and comfortable. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stay at Hampton properties quite frequently for business and I would put my experience at this property right up there with the best of the best. Really a great location....Right off the interstate, close to Raleigh and not far from Greensboro. Hotel rooms and bathrooms are clean, new looking and above par for what one would expect at a Hampton Inn. Workout room was nice and the lobby and breakfast area were well maintained. I had great experiences with all hotel staff I encountered during my two night stay in March. I also should point out that there is a local restaurant called Tripps located directly across the parking lot from the hotel and about a 2 minute walk. When I checked into the hotel I was given a coupon for a free firecracker shrimp appetizer at Tripps which was really thoughtful and much appreciated. When I am traveling, it is nice to know that after hours on the road I can just park my car and have a decent restaurant I can walk to. I highly recommend this property for the business traveler and will stay here again when I am in the Durham area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Pnit,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay - we appreciate your loyalty to Hampton and are delighted your experience with us one was of your favorites! I'm glad to read you found our location excellent and had a comfortable, clean visit overall. Thanks again for your kind words and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We are repeat and often guest. We have family and business in Durham and really like the reception we receive each and every time we stay. Rooms are large, breakfast is hot and everything works. Convenient to interstate 85 and to both Duke and Chapel Hill. Plus, there are restaurants and a Mall next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear chuckcocke,

Thanks so much for your loyalty and effort to share your experience with us! We truly appreciate your high ratings and kind words and are delighted you enjoy the array of our amenities and find our staff helpful and friendly. Thank you again for your review and we hope it won't be too long before your next stay!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

It is a Pleasure to stay at a Hampton Inn. We have had nothing but good experiences no matter what Hampton Inn we have stayed at. The service of the staffs go out of their way to make you feel at home. We would recomend to all who want comfort and the feeling of home to stay at a Hampton Inn. They will never regret it.

Dear Patrick D,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites and are very pleased you had an excellent stay and found our guest service exemplary! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham. Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

In Durham for three days of training and wanted a hotel close to the interstate and an easy commute around the city. This Hampton Inn was perfect and one of the cleanest hotels in which I have ever stayed. The King Suite is set up perfect for business needs and the quality of the furnishings are top notch. Lighting and power outlets are usually a problem in Hotels, not here as they have both in ample supply. They even positioned the wet bar, refridgerator and microwave on the entryway near the door so its like having a seperate kitchen. If I could change one thing it would be the carpet in the room and hallways as both were a bit loud for my taste.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris O,

Thanks for your review and we hope your training went well. I'm happy to hear you had a great stay and our location near I-85 was ideal for your needs! It's also great to read you took advantage of one of our suites and enjoyed all the amenities we offer. We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have stayed in this property several times while visiting family, but this particular stay was following a surgery at Duke Hospital during the snow storm. The staff went out of their way to accommodate everyone and were wonderfully pleasant despite being "snowed in" at work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear DCKi,

Thank you for staying with us on several occasions and we're glad to hear we could accommodate you during the snowstorm! I hope everything went well with the surgery and we appreciate your high ratings and kind words. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!