“A favorite of this road warrior!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a newer property, very clean and well-maintained, spacious rooms, top quality staff, convenient location, good value... what else to ask for? Although I'm beginning to be disappointed by most Hamptons, I am very pleased with this one, and it works out well for me whenever I have to work with the hospitals. It's right on I-85, but without the road noise, and it's an easy drive through charming Durham to get to the hospitals and Duke campus. The very nearby mall is (like most malls) rather tired, but it does offer a few food and shopping options if you don't feel like getting back into your car. I'm pretty stingy with my "Excellent" ratings, but this place is deserving.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear MLeopards,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words - I'm very pleased to hear you rated us as excellent given your high standards and that you find us the best option in the Durham area! We're grateful for your kind words for our staff and that you always have a comfortable stay. Thank you again for your praise and we look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Reviewed 17 May 2014

When ever we are in town to see a play or a ball game, we prefer this hotel.
This time, I cannot speak highly enough of Mariah who checked us in at the front desk.

Mariah provided above average customer service. She was friendly, polite and quite thorough. Mariah has a wonderful presence behind the desk. One can tell she "loves her job" and consistently demonstrates that through her job performance.

The Hampton Inn should give her a raise!!!

Room Tip: Rooms located facing the front of property are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Frank O,

Thank you very much for choosing us whenever you're in town, and for your kind words for our staff - I will pass your praise onto the rest of our team to recognize their hard work. Otherwise, I'm happy to read you always have a great stay, and we can't wait for your next one! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were there for the death of a family member and the staff was amazing throughout the week. We chose a Hampton Inn years ago quite by accident when we were traveling and we will continue to make it our hotel of choice. This experience was one of the best ever from check-in to check-out…Outstanding

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly check in was fast and painless. The Hotels location was easy to find and close to Duke medical center. I received a discount for a medical trip for our 3 month old granddaughter . The only bad thing was the beds, they were flat and hard the pillows had a smell that was hard to take all night smelled like a harsh chemicals or fuel. The room was very spacious but the shower was outdated and had some rust on the fixtures, but the room and bathroom was clean. The checkout process was fast. We was unable to sit down for breakfast, but at the front desk they had a breakfast grab bag, which was great for people on the run.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Sharon S,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites - I'm glad you found our staff so friendly and efficient and could take advantage of our convenient breakfast options! However, I do apologize that your bed did not meet your expectations and our team will discuss your comments as we aim to provide the most comfortable environment we can - please reach out to me at the number below if you'd like to address anything further. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you'll allow us another opportunity to give you a great stay when you're in Durham.

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here for the Duke graduation weekend...it was a quick easy drive to campus. Staff set out extra treats for guests. It was all lovely! The entire facility has a modern décor. Extremely clean! Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine H

Dear pkngo,

We appreciate you reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and are very pleased you had an excellent stay! Thanks so much for your kind words for our staff and 5-star ratings across the board. We hope you enjoyed the graduation and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is a great hotel located right off the highway. We attended a festival in downtown Durham and it was very easy to get to and from the festivities. Spacious rooms, service was excellent. Hot complimentary breakfast was an added bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Durham Hampton Inn stay was Comfortable, safe and friendly stay. The hotel is located very close to my destination and is an enjoyable morning ride to my destination. convenient parking, quick check-in and easy to get to the room with a lot of items. The wireless internet worked well the first time and had great speed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business