“Durham stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Durham Hampton Inn stay was Comfortable, safe and friendly stay. The hotel is located very close to my destination and is an enjoyable morning ride to my destination. convenient parking, quick check-in and easy to get to the room with a lot of items. The wireless internet worked well the first time and had great speed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. Top notch facility. Easy to access from I-85. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The King bed was extremely comfortable. The room and bathroom were very clean as expected. Easy access to elevators and to our room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Im not sure what I expected but my thoughts about staying at a Hampton Inn were not very positive. This stay changed all of that. The staff were attentive and professional, the room was spacious and beautiful, the internet was free and STRONG, and the free breakfast had meats and starches beyond just cereal and muffins. You received so much more for a low price. When you think of low prices you think of low quality, not so with this hotel. They had free coffee in the lobby 24/7 and I even went to the gym and ran. If I come back to Durham I would not mind staying here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel while attending the Duke Reunion. I honestly picked it because it was available....there was not much availability that weekend as you can imagine. However, I was pleasantly surprised, as it was a solid choice.

We got a suite, which was very nice sized for our family of 5. Very functional rooms and lots of space. The free breakfast was actually pretty good - the kids devoured their cereal and belgian waffles every morning, and my husband actually liked their hot entrees.

Conveniently located, clean, free breakfast that is pretty good, and nice sized rooms - can't beat it for a weekend stay in Durham.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank brooke103
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear brooke103,

Thank you for reviewing your stay and we hope you fun at your reunion. I'm glad you had a clean, comfortable stay and that your family found your suite so spacious! It's also great to hear that your kids loved our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in Durham!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Everything was spotless in this hotel...the lobby, the room, the eating area. The bed was comfy and the shower was great. AC was loud but no other issues. Staff was VERY friendly and on the ball. It's very close to Duke so was the perfect spot for us. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerEdie
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Joni M,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel; we're very pleased to hear it was an excellent one overall and you found us so clean! It's also great to read our location worked well for your needs and we appreciate your high ratings across the board. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Durham!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Durham I-85 North for one night on the way to Washington DC with the family. Very convenient location, right off the east bound lanes of the freeway, close to the mall and Duke University. We were very impressed with the property. The hotel was exceedingly clean, modern, felt fresh after a long day on the road. We found the room to be good size with comfortable beds and a nicely finished bathroom. Definitely a focus on cleanliness, which was great. The property was very quiet, only a small amount of road noise from surrounding traffic and freeway. Noise from hallway and elevator were insignificant. Kids had a good time in the indoor pool, but we were slightly disappointed by lack of hot tub.

Breakfast was not as good as some other Hampton breakfasts, but welcome nevertheless. The attendants kept the breakfast area clean and stocked. Desk service at both check in, breakfast and check out was very courteous, friendly and professional.

We will definitely stay again when visiting Durham.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JTraveler28
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear JTraveler28,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites. Providing an immaculately clean environment is one of our biggest goals, so I'm delighted to hear you found us very clean and modern, though we do apologize for any inconvenience with our complimentary breakfast and appreciate the feedback. Otherwise, thanks again for your high ratings and we hope you enjoyed your trip to DC! See you next time you're in town.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed just one in the hotel. The room was nice, very quiet. There was some street noise, but not bothersome. The duvet cover in our room was stained. Housekeeping did come and change it. The breakfast was not as good as many Hampton Inn's I have stayed in. Overall, the hotel was good. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the street not I-85
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannine C

Dear Jeannine C,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay - I'm glad to hear it was a good one, though apologize for the inconvenience with your bedspread and that our complimentary breakfast fell short of your expectations. Otherwise, we appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you're in Durham! Thank you again for your feedback.