“great experiance”

Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Was super clean with friendly staff. We will stay again next year. The staff alway took the extra step to help you. Housekeeping diid great job on room everyday. We go to Durham every year. We have found the place where we will stay every year.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Cristi K,

Thanks so much for your kind words - we're delighted to be your home away from home in Durham! We're glad to hear you found us so clean and felt our staff went above and beyond to accommodate your needs. Thank you again for your praise and we can't wait for your next stay!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped by this hotel and asked if they had a room for 1 night even though we already had a Hampton reserved that was about 30 minutes away. The front desk clerk got us all set w/a room and said we could cancel the reservation at the other Hampton by calling and telling them we changed to another Hampton. As we stood at the counter we called and the representative on the phone said she needed to speak w/the Hampton employee where we were. I handed my cell phone to the front desk clerk and she was told that she couldn't cancel from my personal phone - it had to be a Hampton Line. Without missing a beat the front desk clerk gave me my phone redialed the number and completed the cancellation. Obviously the other hotel was being difficult and the employee we were standing in front of stayed calm and cool and made sure our request was fulfilled without incurring any cancellation fee. Now on to the hotel - clean, quiet, new -- very comfortable. We departed at 4am and the front desk clerk made sure we had hot water for our hot tea. Would stay at this hotel again if I am in the area.

1  Thank MLL_KLL
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear MLL_KLL,

Thanks for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm glad to hear our staff was able to easily accommodate changing the details for your stay and that you had a great visit overall. We can't wait for your next visit to Durham! Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Excellent stay.Clean hotel that what U need on business travel.
Spot clean .Bfast was also excellent this is one the best Hampton inn I have ever stayed in and I am on road all the time :). This seems to be a newly built hotel with nice staff.Everybody in staff greets you well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear varunMcLean_Virginia,

We appreciate you writing a review and are flattered to be one of your favorite Hampton experiences! I'm excited to hear you had a clean, comfortable stay and found our complimentary breakfast excellent. Thank you again for your praise and we can't wait for your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is a great hotel, it is across the street from the mall and down the road from the medical centers. I found it to be clean and comfortable-brkfst was so-so and they had to be reminded about my points. Still great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear George M,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites. While I'm glad you had a good visit overall, I'd like to apologize again that we were not prompt with your points and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention to make sure we do a better job in the future. Otherwise, thanks again for your high ratings and comments and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was my second time staying at this property. It is very convenient to the Duke East campus and well maintained. My only negative from this stay was breakfast, While I know what to expect of a Hampton Inn in this regard, the kitchen staff seemed to be inattentive, letting multiple items run out simultaneously, taking 15-20 minutes to re-stock (e.g., oatmeal, biscuits, gravy).

1  Thank Jeff_F_Atl
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Jeff_F_Atl,

Thank you for staying with us a second time and reviewing your experience! While I'm glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and found our location great, I do apologize that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations; our staff will discuss your feedback to help do a better job keeping things stocked and ready for our guests. Otherwise, we do appreciate your high ratings and hope to see you the next time you're in the area! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I found this Hampton Inn to be an excellent and very convenient facility. Located just off the I-85 North with very easy access off and on. Well lit, ample parking. The facility was in great shape - like new condition - and the staff was quite helpful. Even though things were quite busy at check-in time, I was comfortably in my room within 5 minutes of parking the car. The location is very convenient to Duke University and Duke Medical Center, with easy access to most anywhere in Durham.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank William Bradfor... S
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear William Bradfor... S,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm delighted you had a great stay and found our location right off the highway excellent for your needs. We really appreciate your 5-star ratings and hope it won't be too long before your next visit! Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Enjoyable and pleasurable. Staff was very helpful during check in. Recommended a car/driver to help us get to and from our destination. We were in town to celebrate a friend's birthday. Hotel was located right off I-85, easy to find and clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Ann R,

We appreciate you leaving a review and are happy our staff was able to accommodate your needs during your visit! We hope you had fun celebrating with your friend and are thankful for your high ratings. Thanks again for your praise and we look forward to your next visit!