Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Ranked #5 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel recently and was very pleased with every element of the stay. Arrived very early ~11:30 am and yet the hotel was able to get us into our room immediately. We had 2 Queen beds, as requested and they were both very comfortable. The room, like the rest of the hotel was spotless which was much appreciated after some other hotel stays on our road trip. While our room was near the elevator, we never heard a thing during our entire stay which was very nice. Both the room door and bathroom doors seemed very solid. The breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn breakfast & takeaway bags were at reception if you were in a hurry and could not spend the time to sit down for breakfast. The staff worked quickly to replace any items that needed updating or replacing. Parking was plentiful and easy to access. In the evening there were fresh cookies available in the lobby which was nice to have after dinner. The only minor issue (complaint is too strong) was that the pool was evidently not heated and was quite chilly. Exercise room also looked well equipped and clean as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Kingstownemurphy,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hampton Inn & Suites! I'm delighted you had an outstanding visit and found us spotless. It's also great to hear you found our staff excellent, though I do apologize for the inconvenience with our pool and we appreciate the feedback. Otherwise, thanks so much for your 5-star ratings and we hope it won't be too long before your next visit!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great experience. Got there late at night after 10 hours of driving with three young children. Checking in was quick. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast was way better than the typical hotel breakfast. Would stay there again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Lisaaparry,

Thank you for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites; I'm very pleased to read you had an excellent stay and plan to return in the future! It's also great to hear you found our staff efficient and complimentary breakfast above average. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is conveniently located in Durham, NC. Has a beautiful landscaped settings. Room was clean, quiet and spacious. Breakfast staff was very friendly and efficient. This is our second stay at this hotel. We recommend highlty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear 423DarM,

Thank you for choosing us again and taking the time to share your experience! We're excited to hear you had an outstanding visit and are grateful for your strong recommendation and high ratings. Thanks again for your review and we can't wait to see you the next time you're in Durham!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel check in was easy and front desk was very friendly and personable and helpful. Hotel was close to Doctors offices that we needed to visit. Rooms were comfortable and clean. We didn't have time to use the pool area but they have one and saw others headed that way! The fresh baked cookies in the lobby at check in was very nice since we were tired and had not had time to eat yet and were happy to grab a quick snack waiting to check in. The breakfast buffet, which is complimentary, was very nice also and saved us some valuable time in the morning-and there was plenty of comfortable seating available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Gail P,

We appreciate you leaving a review and are pleased your stay was excellent! I'm happy you found our staff so helpful and friendly & enjoyed the cookies. Thanks so much for your high ratings and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed for 2 days in January. Typical Hampton décor. Immaculate and functional. Beds were very comfortable. Appreciated the taller vanity in bathroom. Good water pressure in the shower, nice towels and plenty of toiletries. Breakfast was tasty, warm and plenty. Service was good as usual. I was welcomed by name as a rewards customer. Nice restaurant nearby and easy access to highway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear LN6687,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites; we're happy to read you had a comfortable stay and found our service great! It's also great to hear you enjoyed the amenities we provide. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope it won't be too long before your next visit!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was visiting Raleigh/Durham on a business trip for two weeks. I couldn't stay at the host hotel "Hilton" at Duke University, off of Coal Mill, because they were booked. I can't begin to explain how convenient and extremely happy I was with this stay. Everything worked perfectly and I was more happy that I was away from the larger hotel. Great hotel, great staff, great visit! Thank You.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Christopher J,

Thank you for choosing us for your extended stay - we're delighted to hear you had a great visit and appreciate your praise and 5-star ratings across the board. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Durham! Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Good service. Friendly staff. Clean hotel and rooms.

Normally I have trouble sleeping in hotels but not here. Bed was very comfortable and I slept well both nights I was there. Had business in the area so getting good rest was invaluable.

Friendly note: the address says N. Greegon Street but the parking lot can be hard to find on first visit. The entrance is in the same area as wells fargo bank or tripps restaurant depending if you are on duke st or greegon st.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adam K,

We appreciate you reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites and are pleased to hear you found your room so clean and comfortable and had a great sleep! I'm also glad to read you found our staff helpful and friendly. Thank you again for your comments and we can't wait for your next visit!