“Somewhat below average for a Sleep Inn”

Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport
Ranked #34 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Hampstead, North Carolina
“Somewhat below average for a Sleep Inn”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Needed a place to stay for an early morning appointment and this hotel was the least expensive in the area, although there was a Comfort Inn across the street for about $10 more. Since all I needed was a bed and a shower and Sleep Inns have always been reliable, this appeared to be a home run. However, it was more like a long foul ball. The mattress was the bounciest I had slept on - it was almost like sleeping on a water bed.
BED - strike 1.
As for the shower...it was a typical sleep inn walk in shower, plenty big but the water pressure was horrible.
SHOWER - strike 2.

Breakfast was fine with the typical eggs, waffles, etc.

One other thing, it appeared they had stretched a full size bottom sheet on the queen sized bed. while it did reach the corners of the mattress and didn't affect our sleep, it was just not right.
I mentioned the water pressure and the sheet to the manager at checkout and he assured me they would check on both items...I hope so.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank James P
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review about our property. We have address both of the issues that you mentioned upon check out and they have been taken care of. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you stay in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a pleasant stay. The room was clean and everything in good working conditions. The reason for stay was nerve racking as it was for medical care. Would like for the company to consider lower rates for folks who are there for medical reasons. Was only there from 12:30pm to 07:00am and had to add this expense to out of network expenses of medical care. Costly considering the reason for stay. Overall good and would recommend to anyone needing to stay at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We do offer a medical rate, and I will speak with the front desk about this so that this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for bring this up to my attention so I am able to work with all the staff and make them aware of this. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 February 2014

A rare 5-star rating from me. Even though local, I've stayed here twice because of issues with weather (snow) or pipes freezing at the house during inopportune work times. This place is my favorite hotel in Durham. It's more than worth the price. Rooms are great, beds are clean, internet is speedy. Rooms were quiet, but I stayed on weekdays. Didn't have breakfast, so no comment on that.

Room Tip: I'd recommend getting rooms near the back of the hotel - much quieter than the front. However t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property as we greatly appreciate it. We look forward to seeing you in the future! I will pass on your comments to the staff as well.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Had to wait ten minutes before the front desk person decided to come up so I could check in, then they proceeded to wait on another guest, who told the front desk clerk that I had been there first. Then I had two missed wake up calls, which I had verified with the evening desk clerk were in the system. The front desk team, as a whole, could go through more training in customer service. As a choice member, I was astounded at their lack of care, service and tact in dealing with guests.

Housekeeping, however, was superb. They did a magnificent job!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our property on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that you had a terrible experience with the front desk staff. This is not the way that we treat customers, and by all means was unacceptable. I will speak with the staff so they are aware that this type of behavior is not acceptable, nor will it be tolerated. I will pass on your comments with the housekeeping staff as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stop in the Durham area and hope you will give us a try to provide you with the great customer service that should be given to all customers.
NC
Reviewed 23 February 2014

There were teens up and about at all hours of the night unchaperoned, roaming the halls and talking loudly. You could not sleep at all with the noise. Due to the low cost of the rooms, $60, I guess I will be looking elsewhere to get a better night's sleep for two nights.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry about your experience with the group of kids while you were here at our hotel. This should have been handled differently, and I have went over with my staff the correct procedures when we have groups in house. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Durham area, and hope that you will give our property another try.
Ossining, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I arrived at airport late evening and waited for shuttle for over 20 minutes. In the end, front desk told me to take taxi and they reimbursed for fare and tip. I felt attitude of accountability from them.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We strive to take care of our guests, and I will pass on your comments with the front desk staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Durham area.
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This Sleep Inn was clean and newer looking. The customer service was first rate. I wouldn't stay here longer than a night or two as the bed wasn't the most comfortable, but if you're flying in and need a cheap room and free airport shuttle this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jennifer K
Douglas F, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a note on trip advisor about your stay at the Sleep Inn Raleigh Durham Airport. I will pass on your note about our great customer service with the staff, and I will also adress the problem with the bed being uncomfortable. Please stop back and see us when you are back in the area.