“Service is not good”

Cuisines: American
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Service is not good”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

So, I am a local and when my local (non-chain) wing place closed, we decided to give this BWW a try. What can I say? We really love chicken wings! We have been to this particular location three times and I doubt we'll ever go back. The service is terrible.

Each time we have been, we have had to wait an extremely long time before anyone came to take our drink order. I understand when places are busy so, even if someone had acknowledged us and told us they would be right back, that would have been nice. No such luck. Once we finally placed our drink order, it took an extremely long time for the drinks to arrive from the bar. Considering we only ever order draft beers, I don't understand the delay. This has happened every time we have been there so it was not just an "off night" or a particular server. Then, there is the food. Once you can get the server to come back to take your order, it takes even longer to arrive than the drinks so don't go hungry or thirsty!

Each time, I have ordered the boneless wings and each time, they have been really overcooked and dry. Each time, there was not enough wing sauce on them and I've had to ask for extra but it took so long to get, I was done eating by the time it arrived. This is a wing place so you'd hope they could get the basic menu items correct. Then, there is the price. This place is terribly overpriced. For a family of four (two adults, a tween and a preschooler) the bill is close to $100 with tip. $100 for chicken tenders, wings, beer and chocolate milk? Crazy. If I am going to spend $100 on dinner, I had better have good service and decent food. Not so at this BWW location. I've been to several other BWWs in several states and none have been as bad as this one or I never would have considered trying it. I gave them three chances to get it right but we won't be dining here anymore. The place is always busy so who knows if they'll bother to get it together.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kelly P

North Carolina
“Third strike, time for a bad review”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I have been a loyal customer of Buffalo Wild Wings, nationwide, for years. This location, being the closest to my home, has been a disappointment. They have messed up my to-go orders 3 definite times, and twice that I caught before leaving with the bag. I've ordered from there at least 10-12 times. The staff are often boisterous with one another, all hanging around the host / cashier stand / waiting area. Another person's review on Yelp said "street corner" - that is the feel. I feel like I'm interrupting them when I let them know I am here to pick up an order. The order has been wrong somewhere between 30%-50% of the time (wrong wings, not enough wings, wrong complete order, forgot my drink) or right- either way, I've looked in the bag before, and have been glared at. So I just don't bother. The first time I had to call about a wrong order, I had to substantiate my claim to two different employees (one of whom had called *me* to tell me my order was wrong) and the manager. Done with that. I just don't bother.

That's my advice for this location. Don't bother.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank andogg
Va Beach, VA
“not the BWW I know”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

By conservative count, I've been to 14 different BWWs in 6 different states prior to visiting this one and in each of those, the seating policy for the bar section has been exactly the same- that any empty bar table is essentially "up for grabs." With this in mind, I dropped my wife off at the front door for her to find seating while I parked. As I came inside, I saw my wife walking madly back towards the front. Long story short, she claimed an empty table, but was quickly told she was not allowed to sit there.... and that in order to even sit in the bar area, she would have had to call ahead to get put on a wait list (the area had at minimum 4 empty tables minds you),...and by her reaction (it takes A LOT to set her off), they were rather rude about it. The ONLY reason we did not walk out is that it was 15 minutes to game time, and this was a game she'd been anxious to see and not knowing other places in the area, we were forced to stick it out & get on the waiting list for the main dining area. We did get seated barely before kickoff, the view was ok, but not ideal, not nearly as comfortable a viewing angle as the bar area would have afforded. One other "oddity" i noticed was that the boneless wings were not the "normal" boneless I've come to expect at bww. I noticed odd puncture holes on one...upon closer inspection of that one and the remaining from both sauce types we got, that they had skewer holes and that the wings were actually cut up tenders (where the sauce was light on a corner you could notice the edges had breading missing).

The only bright side to this location was our server was super attentive & was ahead of the game on refills, etc, but I still grade service poor as management needs to get in line with the service consistency of the franchise, or run an independent business. This is the first BWW I would not return to, given the opportunity.

• Visited December 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Fair to partly cloudy”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have been to this sports bar/restaurant three times: the first time the service was very slow and the food arrived cold, the second time the service was impersonal but the food was ok, the third time both food and service were ok, but nothing outstanding. Hopefully just growing pains for this relatively new establishment, but so far, just average to slightly below.

• Visited April 2012