“Not open”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Vineyards at Southpoint
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were looking forward to the visit as they were included on the NC wine trail. We phones and checked the web sites. All seemed to indicate mid-march opening. And hours listed as 12-5. At 12:30 on 3/29 the gates were closed with a sign saying see you in March. Bee phones and the vm said nothing about being closed or delayed. Sad and disappointing. Waste of gas!!

2  Thank jerseymo

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

This vineyard was a Durham hidden gem. We went on a Friday afternoon and we were the only people tasting wine when we stopped in. The staff member was very knowledgeable about all of the wines the Southpoint offered as well as other local NC wineries. For $8 a person we tried the collection of wine. I would highly recommend stopping at this vineyard.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Out of souvenir glasses, out of most wines, whites served at room temp, poor service, and what few wines I tasted were subpar. The best thing of this winery was sipping on a frozen peach and white wine drink while sitting on the rock terrace by the pond with a fountain. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Came here with friends as we had been driving by and had seen the sign many times and decided to finally stop by for an early Friday afternoon wine tasting! We moved here from California and have enjoyed the wineries in Napa and Sonoma and others so weren't quite sure what to expect. I have to say we had a fabulous afternoon and Rose our wine tasting host was a standout. She made the outing! I would recommend a visit to this winery and tasting!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I bought a Groupon for a yoga, wine, and chocolate event that was being held at the Vineyards at Southpoint along with some friends. The parking area was packed when I arrived, and some people were parking in the grassy area on the side. I pulled in next to my friends, and in the process ran over a wooden pallet laying inconspicuously over a hole in the ground scraping the side of my bumper and putting a few small dents in the front of my car (just purchased that morning!). I was very flustered, of course, and my friends assured me that the scrape would just buff out so I tried to go on with the event and not think about it. Upon later inspection the next day it was quite clear it will be buff out, so I wrote an email to let the Vineyard know what happened, that I was obviously upset about the damage to my new car, and to suggest that they clear out such debris from their parking area and better designate parking spots when such a large event is taking place. I received no apology and have been basically reprimanded for not bringing it to their attention when it happened. I called them as they asked to discuss and got no answer. I emailed a response and received a text response saying they would be in touch. They never returned my call and kept telling me to stop by to discuss thing after first calling. They have refused to set an appointment or let me know when the best time to stop by would be. I have not once told them that I expect them to pay for the $600 in damage, although that would be great considering their poor parking conditions and general lack of sympathy. I have been polite in my correspondence and have received nothing but cold, unprofessional responses.
I have received only one phone call to receive excuses for them not being in touch with me and that they would "be in touch" the following day. This was over a week ago. I have sent an email with pictures and the estimate from the body shop with zero response.

Have not received a single apology for the damage to my car, let alone offers to help fix it.

Poor poor poor!!!