“Skating rink”

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Skating rink”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We took our son to skate with some friends after school for his birthday and our experience was TERRIBLE!!!! They played one genre of music including "DOIN' the BUTT" when there were only 8-10 year olds skating. The music was completely inappropriate the entire time. They would not accept any requests to play any other current /pop songs and did absolutely nothing the entire time that we were there. They claim that they are open from 4:00-6:00 and reopen at 6:30 for night skating but asked everyone to leave at 5:40. Really disappointing!!!! Will never be wasting money at that trashy place again! I have never written a review of anything in my entire life but felt compelled to let others know about this place. Do not waste your money!

Visited March 2014
4 Thank wendy l

Barboursville, West Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good Time”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Took my four year old daughter skating there in december 2013. She had the best time and the staff was so friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Bart - Jules D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Broken down joke of amusement.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I went to Wheels about 12 years ago and had a blast. I recently revisited the place with my family and the place is in pieces. The mini golf track was atrocious. (Fake grass torn, puddles of water) We waited by the go-carts for 15 minutes and a staff member never showed up. And kids run wild with no adult supervision. I had a groupon, so I didn't waste much money. We ditched the place and went to Frankie's where we had a much better time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank lexyp130
Kingsport, Tennessee
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great birthday party setting”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

As a venue for a party for 6-7 year olds this was a great set-up. A 3 story climbing park was tons of fun for the kids. Drinks and pizza were nothing special but certainly very good for location like this. Able to bring own decorations and cake. Lots of fun, no mess to clean up and not too bad on the pocketbook!

Visited August 2013
Hillsborough, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The mini golf brings this place down”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I grew up going skating at wheels almost every week. It was great, and I'm sure skating is still ok. This trip was my first time back in at least 10 years, and we went to the mini golf, and batting cages.

The batting cages are nice. 6 stalls, 3 for baseball, 3 for softball with multiple speeds at each stall. At 6 tokens for $6 the batting cages can keep you busy having fun fairly cheaply.

The reason for the low rating is simply for 1 reason and that is that awful piece of trash they call a mini golf course. Every thing else about this place could be a 5, but for the owners ever charging people $6 per person to play on something so pathetic is downright disrespectful.

The mini golf has 18 flat holes that are pretty much all the same. It is run down, and needs some up keep. It has a cement river with dirty, stagnant water flowing throughout. It's a breeding ground for mosquitoes, I was eaten up.

I almost want to give this place a 2 star based on the mini golf alone, but can't because everything else seems to be ok.

My words of wisdom are don't go play mini golf here. In fact the owners need to do the right thing, and remove that course.

Visited August 2013