“what a yummy, but tiny restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Daisy Cakes - CLOSED

Daisy Cakes
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Scotch Plains, NJ
“what a yummy, but tiny restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stumbled upon this gem near the Farmer's Market on a Saturday morning. While there were lines, the bakery items and coffee did not disappoint. Be patient as the coffee drinks are made one at a time.

• Visited August 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Small restaurant and bakery with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Ate here today for lunch and with help from the very friendly staff choice the Roasted beet and Asparagus Tartine. It was unbelievably good and the presentation was really nice like a fine restaurant with an executive chef rather than a hole in the wall bakery and restaurant. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you. They have an unusual menu that is very inventive and varied. I had to ask about several different questions about several menu items and the lady the counter was extremely helpful.

The place is very small and there is not much seating so don't go there with a large group. My understanding is that this restaurant used to be run out of a food truck. I did not try their bakery items but they have a good selection. This was an amazing find. They have menu items for vegetarians and also feature some gluten free food.

• Visited August 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Favorite weekend breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I frequently go here on Saturdays during my weekly trip to the farmer's market. They have great quiche type dishes, baked goods, etc. but my favorite is the vegan scramble (even non-vegetarians like it!) and they have the best grits I have ever encountered in a restaurant. The coffee is excellent and fair trade. The down size is that it is VERY small and popular so it gets uncomfortably crowded at times. However- it is worth going

Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just a No!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I wanted to pick some dessert up for my sister who was in town this week and DaisyCakes was on my way home. It is a cute little shop in downtown Durham and I was excited to try it for the first time. I was disappointed with the selection of cupcakes offered. I was exciting a few of the unique flavors I saw online but they only had the normal ones available. The following was what I tasted:

Red Velvet Cupcake: It was on the dry side and I have had better.
Double Chocolate: Not bad but was also dry
Chocolate Chip Cookie: Was expecting it to be a little softer
Truffle Brownie: It was my favorite item. Tasty and fudgy

Overall not very impressed. Also, was not offered a receipt. Not that I would need it but standard practice it to give a receipt.

• Visited March 2013
“Cupcake bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Try their chocolate mocha or chai cupcakes. I feel like I had a cupcake orgasm after eatin them. The breakfasts also looked good, but I just has cupcakes.