“Best cafe in town”

Dulce Cafe
Ranked #2 of 24 Dessert in Durham
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

You must try the breakfast sandwiches. The ham/bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is amazing. Also the best mocha in town. Chocolate cake lovers must come here. The staff are incredibly nice. Chad and Carlos run the best cafe around.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I agree with every good review and want to add a note about the breakfast sandwiches and the scrambled eggs. They are the best I've ever eaten. I do have one suggestion. I'd love to have scrambled eggs served with a muffin instead of just toast as an option. The muffins aren't too sweet or too large...they are perfect! I've been there alone, with family, my husband, and friends and have eaten breakfast and lunch...we've never been disappointed.

1  Thank marlo12345
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I went into this establishment trying to kill time waiting for a table for dinner at another place nearby, and I am super glad that I did! The desserts are so pretty they look fake! My family and I tried a few, and they taste as good as they look! Great find, I will be back!

1  Thank JenniferV379
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great sandwiches (our favorites the cuban, turkey and brie, and the meatloaf), superb desserts (gelato, eclairs, carrot cake!), best muffins in town, and fantastic lentil soup. Charming cafe with friendly service. We visit often.

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Dulce Cafe is one of our favorite lunch spots--so good, it's worth the 20 minute drive.

I love the Italian Panini sandwich. It's so big, I'm able to eat half and then look forward to having the second half for dinner (making the meal very affordable too). My husband has tried the Cuban sandwich, the Dulce Reuben and the *BLAT* (bacon, lettuce, avocado-mayo, and tomato sandwich)--and highly recommends them all. All of Dulce's ingredients and bread are fresh and of the highest quality. You really can't go wrong eating here. My husband enjoyed a Stella Artois Lager to drink and I loved their Latte.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention their desert offerings. Their carrot cake and chocolate mousse cake are their best sellers for a reason --they're roll on the floor and kick you feet in the air good. I highly recommend the mousse cake if you're a chocolate fan. The dessert servings are large enough that you may have a portion to take home, unless you have a husband like mine who insists on being in the clean plate club (with a big smile on his face).

On the downside, the cafe's space is small and during lunch hour it can be hard to get a table. Take out service is available. On the plus side, they offer free Wi-fi, so bring your along your electronic equipment, if you mush... Enjoy!