“Pleasant Experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My daughters and I decided to visit Bonefish Grill at it's Durham location recently. We have eaten at the Cary location on a number of occasions and have always had a good meal. We arrived at about 6:00 PM on a Tuesday evening and even though the restaurant was quite busy, we were promptly seated. Our server, Jeremy, came over immediately to take our drink order. He was extremely personable and happily invited us to try a few new drinks that were recently added to the menu. Two of us decided to have Merlot - excellent choice - and my younger daughter had White Sangria, which she really enjoyed. We ordered the wagyu beef + ginger dumplings for a table appetizer, which we very much enjoyed. Our salads followed, but, we specified no nuts or seeds, as my younger daughter and I both have nut allergies; my salad came out with no nuts, but hers did not. The manager came right over, apologized, took her salad back and the nut-free salad was promptly served. We were also asked if we wanted bread and we said yes, but it never made it to the table. We all decided that was fine, so we did not request it again. Our dinners followed shortly thereafter. I ordered grilled shrimp and sea scallops with lemon butter sauce and steamed broccoli; my one daughter ordered the special, which was pretzel-crusted ahi tuna steak and my other daughter ordered the Atlantic salmon. We were all very happy with our choices! After dinner, Jeremy brought out a box of two homemade, delicious, chocolate cookies, as my daughter mentioned that it was my birthday. Very nice! We were thanked many times for our visit, checked on a number of times during dinner and encouraged to "please come back"! Remembering that this is a chain restaurant, we were very happy with our dinners and the extremely pleasant service that we received. We will definitely visit again!

1 Thank Jan W

durham, NC
“Avoid”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My comments mirror several recent negative reviews. My wife and I ate here recently but will certainly not return. My fish and chips "tempura style" were soggy and really horrible. My wife's grilled fish was OK but nothing special. There are much better restaurants in Durham, so why go here?

1 Thank bryan c
Durham, North Carolina
“mixed experience”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had reservations for 7pm Saturday. It was closely packed, with no table ready and a short wait. Three of our party had to wear their coats during the meal due to cold air from the vents (in mid-winter) blowing down their necks. The service was sloppy and erratic. We waited a while and got served water,10 minutes later after we had decided on our orders the waitress wanted to take an appetizer order (which we had not planned on) and, after being asked if we could order drinks (as she was about to leave again and didn't ask about that), she disappeared after taking two people's drinks orders and left the other people hanging. She had to be asked for some things more than once. Our entrée orders weren't taken for about 30 minutes. The food was good.

Chapel Hill, NC
“Bonefish Grill in Durham NC is horrible”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My wife and I eat out a lot, and we have patronized numerous excellent restaurants in the Triangle area. Bonefish Grill in Durham NC, near Southpoint Mall, is a place to avoid. For the third time, we went there after attending a movie and sat at the bar. After waiting for about 10 minutes to get served on a Sunday night, the bartender came over and we orded martinis (which were smaller in volume than we expected). We ordered food and were told after several minutes that they had run out of all of main courses that we had ordered; this is at 6:30PM!!!! Since this was now the second time that this has happened to us at this particular establishment, we asked for our check without ordering other food. After we paid and were ready to leave, the bartender came back and said that she was told by mistake that our orders couldn't be filled and that, now, they could fill them. We decided to leave anyhow. A classy establishment would have comped our drinks and/or our orders given this scenario, but the managers of this establishment are obviously lacking in class and probably in IQ points. We won't be back, Larry

• Visited February 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Improvements needed!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I doubt that I will be back. I went there tonight and was excited to try it as I had heard positive things about Bonefish Grills in other cities. I was really disappointed. Our appetizer, ban bang shrimp, was cold. The fish tacos were nothing special. Finally, our waitress was nice, but charged us for a different bottle of wine than we actually received( we were charged for a more expensive one). This area has too many good restaurants that I can't ever see myself going back to this one.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!