“Great buffet with a large selection”
Review of India Gate

India Gate
Ranked #133 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
“Great buffet with a large selection”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend took be here for my birthday because she is wheat sensitive and she doesn't get sick eating here. The selection is surprisingly large. They deliver great NAAN to the table. I ate my and my host's portion as she can't eat wheat. The dessert selection was larger than usual. The price was alittle more than I usually pay for a Indian buffet in this community. Certainly worth checking out if you like Indian food and you are in the Research Triangle around lunch time.

• Visited June 2014

Minden, NV
“Great Meal!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

An Indian colleague of my husband recommended this place - and it was great! Seems to be a family run place and everyone could not have been nicer. Our entrees were terrific and absolutely huge. Next time we travel to RTP, we will absolutely eat here again.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sharron G
Durham, North Carolina
“Do not ever eat here”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Greasy, stale food, management is pathetic and very impolite.They are fooling non Indians by serving bad food .

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Loved the food!!!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have recently come to the States from India and was craving for Indian food. This restaurant was just close to my hotel, so went there for the dinner one night. I ordered the "thali". The quantity was really good, I could not finish all even after over eating. The raita and vegetables were very delicious. The naan was good. The sweet dish (gulab jamun) could be better, but everything else was great. I'll visit the place few more times to try different dishes.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank binnygrover
London, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I went to this restaurant two weeks ago for dinner, and my friend and I were greeted by a very friendly waiter. I had the Malai Kofta, and it was very flavorful and perfectly seasoned to my spice tolerance (I generally order mild dishes). The naan is good, I usually like my naan thicker, but I still thought it was good. The Kheer was also delicious. I also have been to the lunch buffet, which is priced at 9.66 per person, and it is a very good buffet. There is quite a range of dishes, and I was impressed by their vegetarian options. You should definitely go to this restaurant if you are interested in Indian food; I think it is the best in the Triangle.

• Visited May 2013