“Consistenly good!”

India Gate
Ranked #175 of 790 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I work in the Research Triangle Park and an Indian coworker of mine introduced me to India Gate. I've been here twice so far for the $9.99 lunch buffet and the food has been awesome both times, with different selections each time. There are a wide number of options for different tastes and diets (I am vegan) and everything is delicious. I've only had the vegan-friendly options, but there is always chicken, lamb, paneer, soups, salads, and plenty of other tasty choices, and the food is constantly replenished. The wait staff have been very polite and friendly and keep a steady , generous supply of fresh, hot naan bread coming to the table. I can't wait to go back, and would recommend this place to anyone, even if you haven't tried Indian food yet.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend took be here for my birthday because she is wheat sensitive and she doesn't get sick eating here. The selection is surprisingly large. They deliver great NAAN to the table. I ate my and my host's portion as she can't eat wheat. The dessert selection was larger than usual. The price was alittle more than I usually pay for a Indian buffet in this community. Certainly worth checking out if you like Indian food and you are in the Research Triangle around lunch time.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

An Indian colleague of my husband recommended this place - and it was great! Seems to be a family run place and everyone could not have been nicer. Our entrees were terrific and absolutely huge. Next time we travel to RTP, we will absolutely eat here again.

1  Thank Sharron G
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Greasy, stale food, management is pathetic and very impolite.They are fooling non Indians by serving bad food .

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have recently come to the States from India and was craving for Indian food. This restaurant was just close to my hotel, so went there for the dinner one night. I ordered the "thali". The quantity was really good, I could not finish all even after over eating. The raita and vegetables were very delicious. The naan was good. The sweet dish (gulab jamun) could be better, but everything else was great. I'll visit the place few more times to try different dishes.

2  Thank binnygrover