Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Ranked #1 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, Texas
“Nice staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The staff was very nice and friendly. Food was good and the location was not too bad. Would stay again. The rooms was nice and every one was made us feel welcome. At times, it was noisy but for the most part it was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Abigail F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I am glad the staff was friendly and that you enjoyed the food as well. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Once this place is finished being built, it'll really be great. It already is now. Very spacious rooms, great roadside view, the restaurant is nice (I didn't eat there). The front desk could learn to smile a bit, but they were helpful with food suggestions in the area. Modern technology with door features, locks, and shower. I literally said how the bed was insanely comfortable multiple times. It's basically on campus so incredibly conveniently located for sporting events, and a shuttle that takes you on campus to sports arenas. I will definitively keep this Hilton in mind for next time!

Room Tip: Roadside view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. We are almost finished with any final touch ups being done in the building! Thank you for the feedback on the front desk and I will make sure we are working on our smiles! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I travel on an ongoing basis and try to stay at the Hilton every where I go. I have always been sastified, but this particular Hilton exceeded all expectations. From the inviting greeting I received upon entering the hotel to the wonderful and speed checkout, the stay was awesome. There a brief issue with internet connect; howver, the staff were on it immediately and the issue was quickly resolved. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. Thank you for the overwhelmingly positive feedback on our staff as well! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Santa Paula, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My daughter had an interview @ Duke University. So her and I stayed @ the Hilton Garden Inn/Medical Center in Durham NC. Our stay was amazing everyone was very professional and willing to help. The hotel atmosphere was very warm from the front Desk, Shuttle, restaurant, bar to the house keepers. I would definitely recommend it to all. Melissa, Greg, Ricky, and everyone else, thank you all for a wonderful stay. They weren't kidding when they say Southern Hospitality. Thank you again. : )

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I also appreciate you taking the time to personally recognize the staff members you did, it was a pleasure sharing with this with them. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Hilliard, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We went for a Duke game and this hotel was very close to campus. They have a shuttle that will take you places, it's walking distance to bars/restaurants and their rooms were clean and the hotel staff was the friendliest I have come across. Wonderful time. I will stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay and that you found the staff to be very friendly. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was fortunate enough to choose this hotel for my extended stay in Durham. The hotel is located near the Duke campus, and they have a shuttle that will transport you to local points of interest. Ron the shuttle driver had a great personality, the evening staff was very helpful, I think Lee was one of the young men. I usually don't hang out in hotel bars or eat on premise, but the bartender Tangela's personality draws you in. She was very attentive and had a great attitude, seemed to really enjoy her job. The hotel is new and the rooms are nice, they do have a Keurig coffee maker in the room, which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: If you are a lite sleeper, you may want to ask for a room opposite the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay and that you have found a new home. Thank you for the personal recognition of our team members as well, it was a pleasure sharing this with them! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!
Stem, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I know that this is an new facility, but EVERYTHING about it was fantastic! Love the bathroom sliding door! Love the heated indoor pool. Great location to Duke Campus surroundings and the Ninth Street District, with the Harris Teeter grocery store equipped with a Starbucks nearby. Also a Wholes Food within walking distance ! Awesome staff!!! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the unique barn doors in our rooms and the pool. We are fortunate to be in such a great location as you mentioned! We hope to welcome you back to our hotel for an equally great experience if you are ever in the Durham area again. Best wishes and have a great day!