“Second time”
Review of Vin Rouge

Vin Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Vin Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th St.
Description: Vin rouge is a French Bistro. We focus on classic preparations served in a true bistro atmosphere. We have beautiful patio and garden areas for those who prefer to dine outside. Please indicate your preference for dining inside or out. We look forward to serving you at Vin Rouge.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Here for a second time. The first time with another couple, this time with the kids in tow. I like this place but I almost always like a french bistro. The food is comforting and while it's not fantastic, it's been good both times we've been.

There are newer reviews for Vin Rouge

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The food is great!!! The service is great!! If you like great french food this is your spot! Always busy get a reservation. Outdoor seating is awesome!! Get the Mussels and everything else!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

We ordered a medium seafood plate and it came with surprisingly huge and delicate 3 layer plates. Great values! The service was also flawless. We enjoyed a lot and had a great night.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Vin Rouge is probably my favorite restaurant in Durham. It's consistently fantastic food, whether you go for dinner or brunch (and I love brunch!) While their menu doesn't change often, it doesn't need to. It's french bistro food, and darn good. The atmosphere is cozy and a little dark, the way it should be. Their onion soup is easily the best in the triangle. The pate and charcuterie plates are thoughtful and their liver "tastes like my mom used to make it, but better" said my Bosnian friend. Any excuse to come to Durham for a meal, sit at the bar and talk to Roy or lounge on the patio, I try to take it. The only thing that is inconsistent about Vin Rouge is the service. most of the time it's great with professional servers. But everyone has an off day and I understand that. I will continue to come here as often as I can.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Macaroni and cheese to die for! You may want to split this with your dining partner. Can be "busy" and crowded upfront but the backroom is a little more "private" and quieter. Depends on the atmosphere your'e seeking. We've eaten brunch and dinner there and like them both. Brunch is an outstanding value. will definitely return.