“NOW CLOSED NEW OWNERS-pageroadgrill.com”

Louie & Charlie's Grille & Tavern
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“NOW CLOSED NEW OWNERS-pageroadgrill.com”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

CLOSED Now called pageroadgrill.com Chapel Hill Restaurant Group is operating this facility and offering it as a location for events. They include a wide variety of foods including Italian (411 West) and seafood (Squids) along with Mexican (La Mez) among others.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank ChapelHillExplorer

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Room for you and 500 of your friends”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Let me first start by saying this place is Way To Big!! It's a bit like eating in a giant moose lodge. And what makes it worse since its nearly impossible to fill it even close to capacity, it seems like your kind of eating by yourself in a giant building. That being said, the service the night we visited was spot on. Our server was prompt and efficient. They do have a great local beer selection, and I like that the beer is served in the brewers glass. Hubby had a burger, which was good and I had crab legs which were also very good. The side of sauteed mushrooms was delicious. One complaint was the lighting. The interior decor is non existent, dark and plain and the only lighting in the area we were seated was little white Christmas lights strung in the ceiling. For those of us with eyes older than a 15 year old, it was almost impossible to read the menu. One of our guests actually had to take the drink menu to the bar area so he could read it. They had a band starting to play as we were leaving. Would have liked to stay and listen but the UNC-Duke basketball game was about to start, what more can I say. Food is good but if you are looking for at least a little ambiance, this is not the place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ncbeachgrl93
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Now a Sports Bar, still a great Atmosphere, the guys that own it are the original Kemp's owners . . . Really friendly hard working guys!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Marc A
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Variety of quality foods served; Bar area with live music & amazing beer selection”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have visited several times since this establishment has shifted it's menu from seafood emphasis (Kemps) to a more varied one. Great seafood is still there, but no longer calabash style.The new menu ensures something for everyone's appetite. Quality food and service, with dinner specials offered including a fish of the day in addition to the always available steamed or grilled seafood choices.
I recommend the BBQ wings, grilled shrimp, steamed crab legs as well as the burgers. The salads are delicious also! Louie & Charlies is a great place to meet up with friends & family.
For more info---http://www.facebook.com/LouieandCharlies or their website
I wish this place was closer to where we live, but worth the drive when we do go!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ChapelHillExplorer
Durham,NC
“CLOSED”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Do not go there they have closed it is a bar now and they are RUDE!!! The hostest and what seem to be lead waitress did not even want to speak to me once I ask where else I could go.
As a matter of fact the she walked away from me as she spoke RUDE
They said the owner was not making any money as a seafood house funny they have been in business forever .
I have been eating there for years and everytime I was there they were packed !Also the owner still owns another seafood restaurant if he is not making money he should close it as well!!!
I have never been treated so poorly by staff of anyrestaurant in the US as I travel aprox 25 states

• Visited December 2012