“Convenient lunch spot”

Cheerz Deli
Ranked #308 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I popped in for lunch with coworkers and immediately noticed the long line (which moves very quickly) which I felt was a good sign. I had the veggie wrap which was very good - huge, more than I could eat. I noticed that all of the sandwiches looked very large. There seemed to be many "regulars" having lunch as the staff knew most of them. Reasonably priced too! I wanted to try some of the yummy looking baked goods but alas, was just too full.

There are newer reviews for Cheerz Deli

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Over the time I've been coming--almost seven years--I've watched the line get longer and longer. In other words, I'm not the only one who thinks they are doing something right. Cheerz is a quintessential "mom and pop" place, and the genuinely kind mom and pop have developed a strong following for big servings of unpretentiously delicious food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Now, like all places around RTP, be prepared for a wait at lunch time if you don't come early or late. There was no line at 11:40 when I arrived, but it was streaming towards the door at noon.

Go here for the roast beef...freshly roasted and RARE! Hurrah! Piled high on a kaiser roll with chip & a drink for less than $7 (and the sandwich was easily big enough for two meals for me). Lettuce, tomato & mayo are standard but they will customize as you wish. Plenty of fancier combinations of toppings and meats, but the roast beef was a good first choice.

The folks are friendly, recognize their regulars (I was lucky enough to try this place b/c a regular drug me along) and serve a more than fair delicious portion for the money!