“New owners, still good”

Ranked #227 of 774 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“New owners, still good”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

While we miss the former owners the new owners are making the place their own with gradual changes. Food is still good. Recommended for a good sandwich.

• Visited September 2013

us
“Convenient lunch spot”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I popped in for lunch with coworkers and immediately noticed the long line (which moves very quickly) which I felt was a good sign. I had the veggie wrap which was very good - huge, more than I could eat. I noticed that all of the sandwiches looked very large. There seemed to be many "regulars" having lunch as the staff knew most of them. Reasonably priced too! I wanted to try some of the yummy looking baked goods but alas, was just too full.

• Visited May 2013
Morrisville, North Carolina
“They know their regulars very well.”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Over the time I've been coming--almost seven years--I've watched the line get longer and longer. In other words, I'm not the only one who thinks they are doing something right. Cheerz is a quintessential "mom and pop" place, and the genuinely kind mom and pop have developed a strong following for big servings of unpretentiously delicious food at a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2012
Center Valley, Pennsylvania
“New York Style Deli”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Now, like all places around RTP, be prepared for a wait at lunch time if you don't come early or late. There was no line at 11:40 when I arrived, but it was streaming towards the door at noon.

Go here for the roast beef...freshly roasted and RARE! Hurrah! Piled high on a kaiser roll with chip & a drink for less than $7 (and the sandwich was easily big enough for two meals for me). Lettuce, tomato & mayo are standard but they will customize as you wish. Plenty of fancier combinations of toppings and meats, but the roast beef was a good first choice.

The folks are friendly, recognize their regulars (I was lucky enough to try this place b/c a regular drug me along) and serve a more than fair delicious portion for the money!

• Visited November 2010

Been to Cheerz Deli? Share your experiences!