“A True Treasure of Durham”
Review of Cosmic Cantina

Cosmic Cantina
Ranked #121 of 774 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Nashville, Tennessee
“A True Treasure of Durham”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Attending Duke as an undergraduate meant several things: tough classes, huge basketball victories, wonderful friends, and ..... Cosmic Cantina.

It would be impossible to recount the number of times I dined at Cosmic. Whether for lunch, dinner, or a highly intoxicated meal at 4am after Shooters, Cosmic never fails to deliver. Personally, I always opt for the chicken burrito, though the steak quesadilla is wonderful as well. The guacamole and salsa are always fresh and delicious. And the margaritas are terrific.

If your craving a delicious bite at an excellent price, this is the place for you. And no matter how old I get, Cosmic will always be the first place I visit when I come back to Durham.

• Visited September 2012

Bahama
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Eclectic location, no handicap access, poor seating, poor lighting, saw one of the food prep people come back from the restroom without washing hands. Food was disappointing. This won't be a re-do for us.

Visited December 2012
Durham, North Carolina, United States
“delicious and absurdly cheap”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

the food is delicious, the portions are VERY generous, and the ambience is, well, lacking. But it's a colorful and friendly place to grab a bite, especially if it's after midnight --- Cosmic is one of the only places that's open 24 hrs.

Note that the entrance is through a door and up the stairs (same entrance as 9th St Dance).

Visited December 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
“I was drunk, but still..”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

So, apparently this is the place everyone goes to after getting hammered in Franklin St.
"Mexican food", let me just say: Mexicans don't put rice as filling in their burritos. However, I was drunk and hungry, and willing to pay for that overpriced rice-filled burrito. Won't go again.

Visited June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I don't remember what my food tasted like lol..”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

But!!! I do remember I liked the atmosphere. We sat outside on the roof, it was late, and we danced to salsa music. It was a late night run so sorry for the lack of details but eat on the roof!

• Visited November 2011