“AWESOME HOLE IN THE WALL!”
Review of Cosmic Cantina

Cosmic Cantina
Ranked #124 of 784 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Very tasty, authentic, inexpensive Mexican food. Very kind staff and back porch area! Definately would go back when in town!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

A good, upstairs, very inexpensive Mexican restaurant just off Ninth Street in Durham. It's simple and minimalistic, but tasty. The menu is rather diverse, and every dish I have had here has been well-prepared.

1  Thank karmaswimswami
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

Loved this little cantina! The chicken salad was delicious, with tender, juicy chicken, guac, pico, on top of fresh greens(no iceberg).

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Long Night Of Drinking - Check
Hungry After Last Call - Check
Eat At Cosmic - Check

For the last 10 years Cosmic has been my go to spot for late night eating. I visited the C-Hill spot many times throughout college and when a Durham location opened up I was ecstatic. Now I just wish they would open up in Raleigh. Although most of the times I had quite a few drinks when I eat here I do know my food and regardless would not eat anything that did not taste good. The lines are usually long but go fast. The food is made to order and fresh. If you looking for good late night food skip the Wafffle House and go to Cosmic.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We visited Cosmic Cantina for the first time last night. It is an easy place to miss. It is located on the second level and has very little signage. Follow the signs to the dance studio. This place is bare bones, but has a large menu of Mexican favorites. The food is super cheap, too. You can sit inside or go to the small rooftop deck. The servings were generous. My husband and I both has the chicken burritos, his was regular and mine was deluxe (add sour cream and guacamole). The chicken was fresh and tasty and the combination with beans, rice, lettuce, cheese, and salsa was very good. We both enjoyed our dinners and the chips that came with the plate. The also have beer, shots, sangria, and margaritas. I would go back, but I would have to be in the area to stop in (meaning I would not go out of my way to visit).

1  Thank SuzKMo