“Yum-A-Dum-Dum”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
“Yum-A-Dum-Dum”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This was a great BBQ joint. The portions were big and prices were great. I got the Q Cobb salad and my man friend got the pulled chicken sandwich. He said the bread was delish and we both loved the hush puppies. A yummy place to eat some good grub!

Burlington, North Carolina
“Great BBQ joint”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best places for BBQ in NC. The brisket is great, the mac & cheese is wonderful, and the BBQ sauce is really good. Parking is tight and the seating is limited for the business they do.....but if you are in the Durham area this is a must stop!

Visited August 2014
Cary, North Carolina
“Awesome BBQ!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

WOW! There is something just a little different about this place that puts it over the top for me. I just ate there, and feel like I already want to go back, it's that good.

The rib sauce is excellent and so are the rib meat and pulled pork butt.
-Compared to what I would considered "standard" BBQ sauce, theirs has just a little extra heat too it. When combined with the ribs, I feel like it brings out an extra smoky flavor, as well, and makes for a really good combination.
-The meat was really tender, but also has just a little different taste to it, and I would categorize it as on the "saltier" side, but not overwhelming, which was really good. I felt like it brought out the meat taste, and usually that doesn't happen when combined with something as strong as BBQ sauce. I love equal parts!

I ordered 2 lbs of St. Louis ribs (~ a full rack,) and 2 lbs of pork butt (enough to feed 4 hungry adults.) I didn't try it, but my wife used the vinegar based sauce on her pulled pork, and really enjoyed it.

We also got a medium side of hush puppies, and a medium side of Mac n cheese which was plenty to feed 2 adults, and 2 toddlers, and still have some left over. My wife seemed to like the hush puppies a little more than normal, and I thought they were pretty good, and there were no complaints about the Mac n cheese.

All in all, so far, this is the place for me in the Triangle when it comes to BBQ.

• Visited August 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
“Tasty regional food”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We agree with the reviews. This was a great place for barbeque. We tried the pulled pork and chicken. The flavor was very good, but the chicken was dry. We couldn't pass up sampling the great sides and ordered baked beans, sweet potato tater tots, collard greens, fried okra, deviled eggs and peach cobbler. All were very tasty. The hush puppies were hot and crispy with a slightly sweet taste. It looks like a place that is enjoyed by locals, but it is a great way for travelers to sample regional fare!

Visited July 2014
Cheektowaga, New York, United States
“BBQ - the real deal”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It is true- get there before 11:30 or after 1:30 because parking is a premium at this casual, authentic BBQ. I tried the chopped brisket with a side of coleslaw and the daily special .... sweet potato tater tots. Brisket was delicious - tender- excellently seasoned - some of the best I have ever tasted. The tots - a definite side to be enjoyed - sweet- deep fried - decadent. It was my first visit and I found the staff to be patient and friendly. I would definitely go back on are turn visit

• Visited July 2014