“Welcoming and tasty”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Great lunch buffet with lots of choices. And the service is always friendly. We gladly make the 30-mile drive when we have a craving for Indian food.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Used to work near here so went there a lot for lunch. Enjoyed it so much that it was worth the drive for dinner. Quality ingredients, well executed Indian staples.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

The title says it all. They have the most delicious dinner buffet with lots of vegetarian options. Price is not cheap, but it is worth it. They also have several desert options on the weekend dinner buffet.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

This area has some great Indian food, but if you're in Durham and want the best, Sitar is the only place to go.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

So my wife loves Indian food and I would personal rather eat week old pizza before Indian food so it didn't take much for this experience to go down hill for me. Process started with a visit to the website and seeing online ordering and delivery. Yaaaas I can please the wife and not go to an Indian restaurant! Got through the whole ordering process only to find I'm outside the delivery range? Seriously I live three minutes away...what's the delivery range the parking lot?? Annoyed I now had to drive three minutes I placed the online order anyways. Order system stated no eta on when it would be ready. Not wanting to wait for the food I called and was told 30 minutes that was at 6:55. At 8:00pm I started writing this review while sitting at the restaurant bar over an hour later. Now disregard the whole thing taking over an hour to get the food part of things.

For the entire 45 minutes I sat at the bar (which is also were you pick up take away orders) I was never once asked if I wanted something to drink!

Through out the time waiting for the food every time someone else was handed there food (which as a note one person actually ordered while I was waiting for mine). They told me it would just be a couple more minutes.

Now when the food finally did arrive and I went to pay the person ringing me out made a point of reminding me about the tip section on the credit card slip. Really, do you think I have never been to a restaurant before and paid with a credit card. I know full well how the tip line works. Which part of me waiting for over an hour for take away food (not counting the 30 minutes before I arrived) did the person think was deserving of me providing extra.

The food according to my wife was decent but not the best, as she put it a 3 on a scale of 1 - 5. I will not be returning to this location or ordering from them ever again.