“Excellent Meal”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located in the Streets at Southpoint Mall near the AMC Souhtpoint 17 Cinemas. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy hour hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Went here on a chance.. Was not disappointed at all! Steaks were excellent, best onion rings ever! Every employee was very pleasant and service was above average. Would highly recommend if eating at Streets of Southpoint .

1  Thank CarolinaThinBlue

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We had exceptional service with Larry as our waiter. He was very attentive.
I ordered the tenderloin salad and the meat melted in my mouth. The salad was much bigger than I expected.

1  Thank KraZe47
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This may not be indicative of all their selections, but for an appetizer we had the Lobster Spinach Queso. The queso was pretty salty and the chips that came with it were so covered in salt my fingers would get it all over them. And the chips were very oily as well. I had the meatloaf and probably should have picked something else. Did not care for the mushroom sauce (more like gravy) and the meat had a different texture than you usually get with meatloaf, almost a pudding texture. And again, really salty. That said, my wife got one of the salmon dishes and she liked it a lot. This is one restaurant my wife always enjoys, but I've never cared for that much. And it seems a bit expensive for what you get.

Firebirdsgrill, Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Durham location. We are disappointed you did not experience the food quality we aim to deliver. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. We will be sharing your review with our our management team.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I had reasonably high expectations based on other reviews and unfortunately was very disappointed. Service was good and friendly but I thought the food was poor. My prime rib was very,very tough and extremely fatty, the half pound lobster tail was unevenly cooked, and the salmon and filet at the table were just average. For what they charge I was not happy.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience. We are happy to hear the service was good and friendly but disappointed you did not experience the food quality we aim to deliver. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we take corrective action. We will be sharing your review with our management team.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Normally our visits to any Firebirds restaurant are super! We just left the Firebirds at South Point in Durham and the service ruined our experience. Not only was the service SLOW, he failed to mention any specials. We had to hear these from another server at another table...after we ate. Forget about the ten minute wait for togo drinks. We may have to take a break from Firebirds if this is their new acceptable level of service.