“Wish I lived nearby to enjoy this place again”
Review of Foster's Market

Foster's Market
Ranked #13 of 765 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Wish I lived nearby to enjoy this place again”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We came here for Sunday breakfast, and I'm sure it would be one of our favorites if we lived here! A fun, eclecticly decorated place, with freshly prepared food made of quality ingredients. Four of us shared a pound of cut up fruit and a yogurt-granola parfait. The fruit was surprisingly tasty for this time of year, and the parfait was generous and excellent. I had the sausage biscuit sandwich. Very nice sausage, fluffy biscuit, but it could have used something else to tie it together. My husband had the huevos rancheros, which he said was excellent. He was glad they used scrambled eggs rather than fried.

• Visited April 2014

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Lively, bustling and fine food. One of our favorites ”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

A funky sort of deli. You park in a gravely parking lot and walk into a store restaurant where you head to one of several connected counters to order salads, wraps, sandwiches, entrees, drinks. If it's already made (e.g. One of the half a dozen delicious composed salads) you get it right away on metal plates and pay by the pound. Wraps and such are ordered and delivered to you a few minutes later by servers wandering around yelling your name. Several unconnected dining family style areas both inside and outside. Food is always top notch, fresh and tasty. It's lively, lots of fun, lots of students, kids, families. We go frequently and love it. Reasonable prices. Excellent coffee. Highly recommended for informal dining.

Athens, Alabama, United States
“A great stop for a snack, a dessert, lunch, or a gourmet gift”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband, friends, and I stopped at Foster's Market yesterday before heading to the airport. We thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside in the warm sunshine eating homemade cookies. They have indoor seating as well, but the weather was perfect for being outside.
I loved the great selections of snack items and unique gourmet gifts. We purchased several for the plane ride.
The lunch menu looked delicious -- lots of various salads, perfect for ladies -- and the selection of smoothies and shakes also sounded amazing.
I will definitely want to go back and try more of their offerings.

• Visited March 2014
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,129 helpful votes
“funky and fun and good”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The first thing you will notice when you walk through the doors is the beautiful old hardwood floors. Then as you look around you will feel like you just walked into an old general store. You can buy made-there-fresh-daily foods by the pound or a little of several things and eat in. None of the tables and chairs match and that adds to the charm. It fills up fast though during peak hours. I love the homemade pimento cheese sandwich with tomatoes. They also have some of the best scones (my favorite is the chocolate chocolate-chip). They also offer patio seating and lawn seating if they are full inside.

Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not incredibly impressed”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After hearing so many good things about this place, I think it had just been over-hyped. I got a grilled cheese and wasn't really thrilled about it. It was kind of soggy and not especially impressive. Maybe I need to give Foster's another shot.

Visited October 2013