“Terrific Food & Even Better Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #443 of 760 Restaurants in Durham
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Sarasota, Florida
“Terrific Food & Even Better Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The food is amazing. Great home cooking. The staff is so very friendly too. I love this place! Great prices too!!

• Visited May 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“Just like Home Cooking but with a large variety”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just had another fine meal at C&H. We dine there at least once a week and have always been satisfied with the quality and quantity of delicious food we order. This cafeteria has several fish choices, 2-4 types of meat prepared in various ways, a dozen vegetable dishes from which to choose, a variety of breads/rolls, and a vast array of desserts including many that are sugar free. If you are looking for a good meal and nice clean atmosphere, C&H is heartily recommended.

• Visited September 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“Solid "No-Frills" Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were out shopping. We needed to stop for lunch. We wanted to go somewhere nearby we'd never been ... so we jumped in line at the C & H Cafeteria.

Decor: It's a cafeteria. Don't go there for the ambiance. The good news is that it's clean and I didn't see much wear and tear.

Crowd: You'll see -everybody- there. Young, old, families, singles, blue collar workers, white collar workers, black, white and everyone in between.

Service: The line moved pretty fast. The servers were quick to get whatever you wanted. The recently vacated seats were bussed quickly so we had no trouble finding a table. My glass of sweet tea never made it to the halfway empty point.

Food: I was impressed with the variety of dishes they offered. I had trouble deciding what I wanted but ultimately went with the stuffed pepper and a garden salad. I just got those two items because the stuffed pepper was enormous and came with pasta in a tomato sauce. It was essentially a giant meatball inside a green pepper. The sauce was just a tad sweet for my tastes, but overall it was good. The salad was what a salad should be. My friend got the chopped steak, a garden salad, and a couple of sides - turnip greens and green beans. He was happy with his meal.

It's nothing spectacular, but the variety is nice and the prices are reasonable. I'd go back again for a quick "no-frills" lunch.

• Visited August 2013