“Good Authentic Feeling Pub” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, American, Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Seating, Waitstaff
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Good Authentic Feeling Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I met three friends here for lunch. We had the turkey avocado sandwich, club sandwich, rib eye sandwich , and a Cobb salad. All four of us thought the food was very tasty and portion size was also good. The waiter/bartender provided good service and it really does feel like an authentic pub inside. The only thing I felt while dining here was it seems very tight inside and there is not a lot of room and our booth seemed a little small for four people. However, I'm a large person so that could have been part of the problem. I'll definitely be back though.

• Visited August 2013

“Cheers like Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

I have to say this place is very quaint, has delicious Pub fare and personable service. Will definitely go back for another visit. Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Freeport
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I travel, so am at the mercy of local reviews. This appeared to be decent, with 'craft beers' and such. If you call their selection "craft beers"... I simply do not agree. Ordered the french onion soup: it was too salty. Also ordered the classic french dip sandwich. I think I had more chunks than "think slices" -- of both meat and veggies (which were almost Al dente) -- and I thought the soup was too salty?! I dipped one end in the "Au Jus", took one bite and about had to spit it out.

I splurged for the sweet potato fries which where light, crispy... and COLD. Had a half sandwich and pile of fries when the waitress said she'd get my check: no offer of a 'to-go' box for my food. Maybe she read my mind that I wouldn't want to take it back to the hotel anyway.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cape Carteret, North Carolina
“Back Again, Breaking Our Rule”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I go to Durham a occasionally for the Performing Arts Center and live far enough away that we end up staying over a night or two. We generally have a rule that we try different restaurants each time. This trip we broke the rule and went back to this Pub. I really went back for the fish and chips. Hugh portion of fish and cooked just right. Great slaw and chips as well. My wife had a French dip which she said was very good, plenty of meat and good jus for dipping. I like their beer selection here as I am a craft beer fan. There's something for every beer drinker on tap. The service was very good even though crowded. The place has a great pub atmosphere and is filled with locals. A bonus was we were there for Kentucky Derby day and they were having a 'party' with hat contest no less. We had a great time and a great meal as well. We will probably be breaking our rule again!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tom1378
Durham, North Carolina
“Great Pub!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

It's hard to go wrong at the West 94th St. Pub in Durham. This is a great place for burgers, sandwiches, plus they have soups, chili, quesadillas, fish and chips and general pub fare. The brew list is small but pleasing and offers several local and regional micro brews as well as the old standbys. Wednesday night is trivia night and, in the summer months, live music is provided on Saturday evenings, out doors. The Pub is wonderful for a quick lunch or just kicking back and enjoying a brew or two while watching various sporting events on one of the several wide screen TVs. This is a real favorite and has been for a long time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to West 94th St. Pub? Share your experiences!