“Yum!”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to Spartacus in a couple of years and after reading recent reviews, I was a little nervous about going but we went anyway. The restaurant had a new look and the staff were very friendly. Since it was Sunday, they offered their buffet - which was very extensive. My father and husband ordered off the menu and their meals were hot and fresh. Our waiter was good, but didn't tell us about the specials, which would have been nice to know. Almost everything was fresh and delicious. My Mom was very disappointed with the baklava - that was a shame since it is the epitome of Greek! Despite this, We will definitely be back . . . soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

When I asked for clarification on the Groupon/Living Social policy of "1 per table" I was told that I was "free to leave." Good food or not, bad customer service will ruin it all. Will not be returning.

1  Thank Sonya C
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Our waitress was fabulous, very friendly and helpful. Truly excellent service. Just wish the food had matched :( It was ok, but unfortunately not fabulous. We had a Greek salad starter, which was a bit on the oily and bitter side, with pita bread with a feta cheese and celery dip that was a bit bitter and heavy on the celery flavor.

We both got the Gyro platter with fries. The Gyro was good, and would have been very good if there had been more of the sauce, and more bite-sized onions. The onions were really too big to bite easily, and the Gyro was so slim on sauce that it was a bit dry. The potential for excellence was there, but unmet sadly.

The restaurant has easy handicapped access with plenty of parking. It is a bit dark if you have issues with dim light, but they do put a candle on the table, and you could probably ask for more candles if needed.

We probably will not try this one again. The prices are a bit high - most regular entrees were close to $20/person, and the food simply wasn't good enough for me to want to pay that kind of price.

They had lovely white flowers on the table, and a candle, but the tablecloth was covered in white paper... so that was a bit odd too on the atmosphere end.... As if there was an unsuccessful attempt to create an elegant atmosphere...

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Last night my husband and I, along with another couple, went to Spartacus for dinner. It wasn't just any dinner event; two of us (husband and wife of couple) were celebrating birthdays. Of course, we went to the Spartacus website and downloaded the birthday coupon. Each couple planned to buy a dinner and get one free; two checks . . . you get the picture. However, after dinner when we presented the coupons, we were told that the policy at Spartacus is only one coupon per table. Nowhere on the coupon was this written as a disclaimer. If you go to the website, you'll see that the online coupon has no such wording. Disappointing.

How was our food? The meals (I got the gyro platter with lamb and beef) were mediocre, making me wonder what happened to the much better food I have had at this restaurant in the past. The gyro tasted old, like it had been sitting in a warmer for a few hours, not fresh. My husband said his mixed platter was not fresh either. But the real sad part about the evening were the pieces of baklava. True, they were free for the birthday two in our group, but they were stale, tough (think cement), and inedible.

I think this restaurant needs to be rescued by one of the restaurant-rescue reality TV shows.

3  Thank AJWISLER
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I visited Raleigh/Durham area on December 21,2013. I purchase my dinning plan from Groupon website at a reasonable price. I did not think much about this restaurant at first because we were visiting the area for the weekend, but my feelings changed drastically after dinning there on a date with my wife. I was quite impressed. The restaurant was clean, better arranged, nice and cozy. It is equipped with nice sitting arrangements and booth sections. The hostess and waitress were very nice and friendly which was a good start. The food was hot and tasty. They have variety of dish menu ranging from Greek, Italian and American dishes. The atmosphere, reception and services convinced us to visit the restaurant again when next I visit the area.