“North Carolina Dineresque”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 25 December 2012

It was just what I needed at 430 am traveling from DC. The staff allowed me to relax and recharge with my protein breakfast and they were sweet as honey! I wanted to eat, pay, and leave. The perfect diner situation. As far as the food goes, its straightforward southern diner food. I almost thought I was at Al's Diner because the atmosphere was so relaxed. If you're in the mood for a little diner nostalgia this is the right place!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I ate breakfast at Honeys. I stopped because it was a local place. 2 fried eggs cooked just the way I ordered, a biscuit that pretty good, patty sausage that was overcooked and quite disappointing, grits the could have been better. The waiter was very knowledgble about the menu and polite. I doubt I would stop in for breakfast again.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I mean the place was smokey.... not the smoked ham or the smoked sausage, or the bacon, or any other food items, I am talking about the smoking cigarettes that the customers were allowed to use in that place. Well that was a deal breaker for us... until the place goes ''smoke free'' we will not be back.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Honey's is a City of Durham icon! Been in business as long as I can remember and I'm 61 years old. Good old-fashioned food served with good old-fashioned friendly service, excellent value for your buck!

Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

A classic southern diner with all the charm. The food is good and is at a fair price. The service is good. This is a place to try instead of the normal chain places. It is open 24 hours so that makes it good for late night travel.