“Northgate Mall”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Northgate Mall”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express Guess Road in Durham and this mall is literally a minute drive down the road. I've read a lot of bad reviews on this place and I can see why when compared to the newer mall, Southpoint. The area is a little sketchy and it seemed to be a hang out spot for a lot of the local teens, but that didn't bother me.

Although Northgate does have a lot of parking and isn't hardly as crowded as Southpoint, it lacks in selection and special retail stores. There is a Macy's, Sears and Victoria's Secret as well as a cinema, food court and the usual Footlocker, Charlotte Russe etc. I had my hair and nails done in 2 different salons which was average at best. I did love the eyebrow threading place though, it was my first time threading and the girls were great and my brows looked amazing. There's also a Office Depot outside as well as a pizza store (Randy's) which has great food.

You can get most of the things you need at Northgate but if you want a more upscale shopping experience, with much more options and specialty stores then check out Southpoint which is 20 minutes away.

Visited September 2012