“New Managment has ruined this restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #553 of 780 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 17 June 2012

This used to be the best hole in the wall Chinese restaurant in Durham. The menu is now massively reduced and those working there barely speak English. A call inquiring about availability of certain food prior to going there received a response that was totally wrong--and this dispite the question being asked three times to ensure the person responding understood it.

2  Thank Practicality
There are newer reviews for Bamboo House Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I'm a long time customer from the late 80's or early 90's and have always had a great experience when it comes to the food and service. Today I went to this restaurant and didn't see the usual staff. I believe the restaurant is now under new ownership. The portions were smaller and the food was no better than what you would find at a mall. The quality of the food looked as if the cheapest ingredients on the market were used. The usual taste is no longer there. I use to drive 30 miles to get to this restaurant but never again. Normally you were greeted by the owner and her family, today I was greeted by a totally new staff and recognized no one. What a shame to have such a great restaurant go down hill with new owners try to cut cost and ruin the great food once serviced. I'll search for a new place to purchase good Chinese food. They've also went from full service to the customer ordering their food at a counter and getting their own utensils, drinks, refills, and sauces. More like a fast food business than a restaurant.

2  Thank johnboyjohnboyjohnbo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Been going to Bamboo House since the late 90s and have always found the food to be excellent. Eat in or take out, love their food! I always have good service and the folks there are very friendly.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

There is nothing pretentious about this restaurant. It's simply good Chinese food, frequented by lots of Chinese patrons. My only cavil: no brown rice.

Reviewed 1 December 2009

My wife and kids eat at Bamboo House often throughout the year, for many years now. We have enjoyed our meals no matter what we order. When one our family members is feeling under the weather, we go by and have Linda and her staff make us "some good ole Won Ton soup" its great when you feel bad or when you feel well. You can't go wrong at Bamboo House, the same family has owned and operated this place for many years, they are a Durham favorite.