“beautiful gardens”

Sarah P. Duke Gardens
Ranked #1 of 81 things to do in Durham
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I took a quick stroll around. I missed the Rose gardens but did see many other gardens. When I got a bit overheated (was hot day) I went to the Nasher Museum of Art and had some nice cold water and lunch

Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Like I said, I'm not connoisseur of gardens, but my girlfriend is. She just completed an accelerated second bachelors in Nursing and this place kept her sane. You do not want to know how many pictures of baby ducks and turtles and flowers she sent me over course of 16 months, but I am adding a couple to this review. You can't beat the price of admission (free). Oh, I forgot, lots of frog pictures too. . .

2  Thank MannyLiestold
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been there multiple times and experienced the gardens in October, March, April and May - im my opinion the latter is best for maximum variety & color. No matter when you go, however, there's always something new to be discovered, and I always end up wishing I could spend more time just relaxing and enjoying the surroundings. Be sure to investigate these gardens, a well-known and very worthwhile treasure of Durham!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've visited in all seasons, and it was always very well-kept and beautiful! Even my younger siblings weren't bored! I would highly recommend this location to anyone and everyone. Visit at your own space, and they have plenty of parking available.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

These gardens are different every time you visit. The walking paths meander through and around a variety of natural settings. I particularly like the Asian gardens. The gift shop is full of unusual items that are constantly updated and the parking is convenient.