“Mack H”

Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Williamston, North Carolina
“Mack H”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The first thing when drive up you notice how bad the pavement is broken up and the holes. Then check in and get inside the elevator to damage on the wall, inside the non smoking room burn
holes in the bed comforter, a piece of wood sticking out of the bottom of the bed, room smells like
smoke!! Also, the caulking all in the bathroom was badly done. The walls look like paste came
though the wall paper.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As soon as you walk in this place looks tired (outdated, not great shape). But the price was right so who cares. And, I must admit, the lady at the registration desk was kind and helpful.

However, after spending the night we found many little things (it was a cheap hotel after all), but 3 things that are not worth even the cheap price. 1. The shower drain was clogged. I don't just mean 3 inches of water when you're done with your shower (that would be a cheap hotel, right), I mean 6 inches still there half an hour AFTER the shower is done. That is not acceptable. The front desk offered to let the rest of us shower in a different room, but what a hassel. 2. One outlet cover was broken off so the wires were exposed. My husband says I should have taken a picture to the front desk because this is a safety issue. and 3. The breakfast person arrived to start setting up at the time is was supposed to open. Hotel guests started milling around, but after half an hour started getting nasty and leaving. 45 minutes after, I decided to return to my room and come back later even though she was almost done setting up because by then the room was packed. Came back an hour later. Now it was the opposite problem - out of forks, coffee, and waffle mix! Its just not worth it.

But as I mentioned earlier, the ladies at the front desk were great and that is why I gave a 2 and not a 1.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe this hotel is rated 5 stars by reviewers. This is 3 stars at best, but probably could be a 2 star.

Rooms are average. Old decor, common paisley carpet. Whoever did the caulking in the bathroom must have been cheap, because it looks like an 8 year old did it. Mold around the tub looked bad. I was there 4 days and never once had a hot shower. I did mention this to management and they did comp one night stay so that was very positive. The tv was a flat screen, but the picture quality was terrible. There is nothing special or 5 star about this hotel so don't expect it.

The breakfast was average. Cereal, make your waffles, processed eggs, warm meat that resembled bacon... Again, nothing special.

There are several others in the area that have to be better. If you stay here, expect an average hotel that hasn't been updated in 15 years but their customer service was very good.

• Stayed December 2012
Columbia
Reviewed 17 November 2012

First of all, Penny provided the best customer service! She was attentive and efficient when she did something that should be customer service 101 but most fail to do...she paused while helping another customer, acknowledged me as a new customer, and then went back to the original customer. Simple yet memorable! Penny and the young lady who checked us out the next day were only the beginning of a good stay.
The hotel is convenient to the Interstate, UNC, and the fabulous mall. The room was simple with a nice size refrigerator, comfortable beds, and CLEAN! The FREE breakfast was simple yet satisfying, adding more value to the already inexpensive, simple accommodations. My family will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here during a visit to UNC.
Pros: about $80/night, new Panasonic panel TVs, microwave, fridge, premium cable channels, close to several restaurants. Walk to Outback Steakhouse, Bob Evans and a high end Japanese restaurant.
Cons: beds average, towels a bit thin, burn in bedspread (although a non smoking room). Beds are doubles, not Queens.

• Stayed October 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My sister and I recently stayed in this hotel while taking a little shopping trip. Location-wise, it's great! It's right off the ramp from I-40, just one exit away from Streets of Southpoint mall and other shops and restaurants. Our check-in when smoothly, and our room was up to my expectations. Our problem came during the night when we tried to cool the room. First of all, when I turned the unit to low cool, it wouldn't even come on; so I turned the dial to high cool, and it started blowing out hot air. I continued to work with both dials for about five minutes, and finally it started blowing out cool air. I thought the problem was solved, so I didn't call anyone about it. However, during the night, the unit would make all kinds of strange clicking noises; and several times we both noticed that it would sound like it was going to come on, only to cut back off again. As a result, neither one of us got a good night's sleep because of the constant noises and the fact that it stayed very stuffy in the room. Upon check-out, I reported this. The only response I received was that it would be turned in to maintenance. I thought that we might have at least been given a small discount on our room, but that was never offered. I often stay in a Choice Hotel brand, but I'll probably think twice before staying at this particular Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We spent 2 nights over the weekend. All the staff were very courteous, friendly and efficient. Offered helpful suggestions for driving directions to avoid some of the busier highways. Location was convenient for our needs to visit family in Durham. Close to restaurants, shopping centers, and near to all the major highways. [note:my GPS would not accept this address but that was only issue]

Our room was very clean, AC and appliances were fine. Refrigerator had a freezer which was helpful for refreezing cold packs before continuing our road trip. Bed linens were fresh, towels in great condition, and bed was comfortable! That's all we needed for good sleep and piece of mind. We also noticed no noise from other rooms or elevator even though they were quite busy.

Breakfast items were fresh, warm or cold as necessary and well stocked. Decent coffee too.

We will return on our next trip, LIke this Comfort Inn better than 2 others we've tried in Durham over past few years.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple