“Beware!!!”

Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beware!!!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I was visiting my son for parent weekend at UNC. I went by the hotel at 1pm to reserve a rm. I was told that I could check in after 3 pm. We returned to the hotel at 6:30 pm and was told they had no reservation for me even tho I had documentation by credit card receipt from them. I was given another rm and went to the room and there was already someone in the rm.....in bed!!!! I am not kidding. I flew back down to the desk and the staff could care a less. They now had no rms available. They assured me they canceled my credit card charges and off I went to the Hilton Garden for $191 for a nite. It was worth every cent. Comfort Inn did charge my credit card which I had removed. Total total incompetence and not even a 'sorry.' I should have known something was wrong just by seeing the outside condition of the facility.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cayce, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Hello and we went to a Kendo Tourment for my 14 year old and i took my daughter and her 3 kids so that made 2 adults and 4 kids and it was hard to find a hotel that would allow all of us in the same room without paying 200.00 plus a night but i found this great hotel on priceline and it was only 75.00 a night and we had two full sz beds and a pull out full sz couch plus the room had a small fridge and mirco wave, coffee maker, hair dryer and ironing board and it was really clean and nice. We loved the room and the breakfast as they had eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, bread, rolls, cereal, coffee, juice. When we go back again we will stay here as the staff was super friendly and helpfull too. So stay here on your next trip

Room Tip: If u want a balcony if u are a smoker or just want to sit out in the cool air at night then get a se...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Although the room was neat and clean the rest of the hotel was dated and had a musty smell. It seemed to have many construction workers staying less families. The breakfast was fair cold cereal, eggs, sausage and waffles

• Stayed June 2013
Newport, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an appointment at the VA Medical Center. The checkin person was very friendly and polite, I had talked to her prior to making the reservation at the 800 number. The lobby was clean and welcoming. The breakfast was hot and fresh with eggs and sausage patties. Our room was clean, the a/c was on when we open the door so the room was cool and fresh. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. We will stay at this hotel when we return to the VA Medical Center.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Williamston, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The first thing when drive up you notice how bad the pavement is broken up and the holes. Then check in and get inside the elevator to damage on the wall, inside the non smoking room burn
holes in the bed comforter, a piece of wood sticking out of the bottom of the bed, room smells like
smoke!! Also, the caulking all in the bathroom was badly done. The walls look like paste came
though the wall paper.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As soon as you walk in this place looks tired (outdated, not great shape). But the price was right so who cares. And, I must admit, the lady at the registration desk was kind and helpful.

However, after spending the night we found many little things (it was a cheap hotel after all), but 3 things that are not worth even the cheap price. 1. The shower drain was clogged. I don't just mean 3 inches of water when you're done with your shower (that would be a cheap hotel, right), I mean 6 inches still there half an hour AFTER the shower is done. That is not acceptable. The front desk offered to let the rest of us shower in a different room, but what a hassel. 2. One outlet cover was broken off so the wires were exposed. My husband says I should have taken a picture to the front desk because this is a safety issue. and 3. The breakfast person arrived to start setting up at the time is was supposed to open. Hotel guests started milling around, but after half an hour started getting nasty and leaving. 45 minutes after, I decided to return to my room and come back later even though she was almost done setting up because by then the room was packed. Came back an hour later. Now it was the opposite problem - out of forks, coffee, and waffle mix! Its just not worth it.

But as I mentioned earlier, the ladies at the front desk were great and that is why I gave a 2 and not a 1.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe this hotel is rated 5 stars by reviewers. This is 3 stars at best, but probably could be a 2 star.

Rooms are average. Old decor, common paisley carpet. Whoever did the caulking in the bathroom must have been cheap, because it looks like an 8 year old did it. Mold around the tub looked bad. I was there 4 days and never once had a hot shower. I did mention this to management and they did comp one night stay so that was very positive. The tv was a flat screen, but the picture quality was terrible. There is nothing special or 5 star about this hotel so don't expect it.

The breakfast was average. Cereal, make your waffles, processed eggs, warm meat that resembled bacon... Again, nothing special.

There are several others in the area that have to be better. If you stay here, expect an average hotel that hasn't been updated in 15 years but their customer service was very good.

• Stayed December 2012