“Great value and comfortable”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Abingdon, Virginia
“Great value and comfortable”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for just one night on a business trip, and had a wonderful experience. The furnishings were nicer than other extended stay hotels I've been to, and the room had a great-sized closet. I even arrived 90 minutes before check-in time, after driving all morning, and they let me check in early for no extra cost. I was extremely grateful to be able to unload my stuff and take a shower before my meeting. The room was clean and all my toiletries and towels were there. The one glitch I had was that my key didn't work, and I had to go back to the front desk a second time for a new one. Otherwise, a glitch-free quick stay in a comfortable, clean room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChelseaMP
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Hi Chelsea,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I got this hotel on Hotwire so I did not select it. I checked in and went to the room briefly then went to dinner. Upon returning I went to wash my hands and there was no soap (there was no shampoo either but I had some of that). Then I tried to use the “free WiFi” but the welcome screen asked for my name and room number and indicated that there would be a $4.95 charge. I went to pick up the phone and call the front desk but the phone was turned off. Made the long walk to the front desk and picked up the soap and asked the disinterested front desk clerk what the WIFI network was called. She insisted there was a button on the bottom of the page to click on for free internet access. Trekked back to the room and tried again. The button was not there. Another long walk back to the front desk (remember the phone did not work) and the front desk clerk insisted the button was there and told me to bring my laptop down. I said there was no way I was coming back again and tried to use the computer in the lobby. The many viruses and encryption errors on it made it unusable.

When I prepared for bed I noticed that the backing of the drapes was shredded letting in a lot of light from the outside. In addition the furniture was chipped and the closet door was missing. The few good things about this hotel are the location in the RTP and the large size of the rooms. The next night we stayed at the Homewood Suites next door on a point stay which was much nicer.

There is a glut of hotel rooms in the Triangle and you can do much better than this spot.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelon1
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed one night on a business trip to save money. I did! Comfortable and clean but not fancy and exactly as expected. I would stay again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I have stayed at this Extended Stay for nearly 6 mos. and can say without reservation that it is one of the worst facilities I've encountered in my years of travel due to it's POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!.
I have ,nearly without exception, weekly come in from work to find my room uncleaned. Given that rooms are only cleaned weekly you'd think that attention to this could be expected.. NOT HERE!!! The responsibility for seeing that my room is cleaned rests with me the paying customer. I've discussed the matter with the manager on site with no correction of the issue and no honest interest in it's resolution. Once again last night after a 12 hour shift I found my room uncleaned though I changed the day of the week to Saturday from Sunday at their request in hopes of better service. Don't count on anything other than the absolute minimum service and customer care / support at this Extended Stay Hotel. Choose another facility if at all possible! THERE IS NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY EVEN FOR THOSE THAT DO HAVE EXTENDED STAYS HERE

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank B747crew
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed here for a conference at Research Triangle. The hotel itself was fine - clean, comfortable, certainly better than a motel. One word of caution - there is an identically named hotel on Miami Blvd *North*, so you might wind up there by mistake if you are driving in. I did and it took some time to figure out I was at the wrong place.

Other than that, I thought the area around was really dull! I wanted to get a quick bite for dinner without driving more than 10 minutes, and there was literally nothing around but a Subway. Oh, and of course there were no sidewalks around this area, so the only option was to drive for 2 minutes down the road for a sub.

Nevertheless, it is a good place to stay if you don't care about the surroundings and have a car.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Southport, NC
Reviewed 8 July 2010

This is a very nice facility with a great staff. Rooms are large enough for a long stay and amenities are more than adequate. Location is easy on, easy off I40 near Durham Research Park, Airport, Chapel Hill. Staff remembers your name as you may come and go and provide the best service, consistently, as I have seen anywhere after 40 years of travel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Raleigh
Reviewed 10 April 2010

I stayed there for almost 3 days for my business meetings. My clients are located in RTP and this hotel is nearby to technology park and saved me lots of traveling time everyday. After full day of meetings, i just need a comfortble sleep in the night and thats wht i got there. I never got time to use pool or club during my business trips, so it did not bother me much that they dont have such amenities. All rooms have attached kitchen and thats make my life little comfortable.
Overall, if this is not the best but not the worst also for your business trip stays.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport
Comfort Suites Raleigh Durham Airport/RTP
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Research Triangle Park
Homewood Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham AP / Research Triangle

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!