“Well Situated, Clean, Nice Staff -- Not Bad!”

Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South
Ranked #45 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Was weary after reading the generally negative reviews about this property. We stayed Thu & Fri night. Room hadn't been renovated recently but was clean, smoke / smell free, and in good shape. Staff was helpful. Kitchenette was in similarly good shape, had cooktop, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, and was stocked with sufficient pots, pans, dishes, etc. Nice pool. Good location. Price was less than many motels in the area. Would be perfectly happy staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 217.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

it was a last minute booking and I did request I smoking room, I do expect it to be clean. the drawers were full of hair and someone even left a stack of used lottery scratch offs in the bathroom drawer. it is clear that was surface cleaned only. I just came from a comfort inn (same price) and it was thouroughly cleaned at least. I feel like I'm in a strangers apartment.
the staff thus far has been great though even ran me up coffee when there wasn't any in room.

Stayed: April 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of your stay. Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

I assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed here for just one night on a business trip, and had a wonderful experience. The furnishings were nicer than other extended stay hotels I've been to, and the room had a great-sized closet. I even arrived 90 minutes before check-in time, after driving all morning, and they let me check in early for no extra cost. I was extremely grateful to be able to unload my stuff and take a shower before my meeting. The room was clean and all my toiletries and towels were there. The one glitch I had was that my key didn't work, and I had to go back to the front desk a second time for a new one. Otherwise, a glitch-free quick stay in a comfortable, clean room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ChelseaMP

Hi Chelsea,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Durham - Research Triangle Park - Miami Blvd. - South. Our hotel is committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

I got this hotel on Hotwire so I did not select it. I checked in and went to the room briefly then went to dinner. Upon returning I went to wash my hands and there was no soap (there was no shampoo either but I had some of that). Then I tried to use the “free WiFi” but the welcome screen asked for my name and room number and indicated that there would be a $4.95 charge. I went to pick up the phone and call the front desk but the phone was turned off. Made the long walk to the front desk and picked up the soap and asked the disinterested front desk clerk what the WIFI network was called. She insisted there was a button on the bottom of the page to click on for free internet access. Trekked back to the room and tried again. The button was not there. Another long walk back to the front desk (remember the phone did not work) and the front desk clerk insisted the button was there and told me to bring my laptop down. I said there was no way I was coming back again and tried to use the computer in the lobby. The many viruses and encryption errors on it made it unusable.

When I prepared for bed I noticed that the backing of the drapes was shredded letting in a lot of light from the outside. In addition the furniture was chipped and the closet door was missing. The few good things about this hotel are the location in the RTP and the large size of the rooms. The next night we stayed at the Homewood Suites next door on a point stay which was much nicer.

There is a glut of hotel rooms in the Triangle and you can do much better than this spot.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelon1
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed one night on a business trip to save money. I did! Comfortable and clean but not fancy and exactly as expected. I would stay again under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I have stayed at this Extended Stay for nearly 6 mos. and can say without reservation that it is one of the worst facilities I've encountered in my years of travel due to it's POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!.
I have ,nearly without exception, weekly come in from work to find my room uncleaned. Given that rooms are only cleaned weekly you'd think that attention to this could be expected.. NOT HERE!!! The responsibility for seeing that my room is cleaned rests with me the paying customer. I've discussed the matter with the manager on site with no correction of the issue and no honest interest in it's resolution. Once again last night after a 12 hour shift I found my room uncleaned though I changed the day of the week to Saturday from Sunday at their request in hopes of better service. Don't count on anything other than the absolute minimum service and customer care / support at this Extended Stay Hotel. Choose another facility if at all possible! THERE IS NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY EVEN FOR THOSE THAT DO HAVE EXTENDED STAYS HERE

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank B747crew
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed here for a conference at Research Triangle. The hotel itself was fine - clean, comfortable, certainly better than a motel. One word of caution - there is an identically named hotel on Miami Blvd *North*, so you might wind up there by mistake if you are driving in. I did and it took some time to figure out I was at the wrong place.

Other than that, I thought the area around was really dull! I wanted to get a quick bite for dinner without driving more than 10 minutes, and there was literally nothing around but a Subway. Oh, and of course there were no sidewalks around this area, so the only option was to drive for 2 minutes down the road for a sub.

Nevertheless, it is a good place to stay if you don't care about the surroundings and have a car.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durham
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - North
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 55
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - RDU Airport
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Harrison Ave.
Extended Stay America - Raleigh - Cary - Regency Parkway South

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - RTP - Miami Blvd. - South? Share your experiences!