“Business in RTP”

Staybridge Suites Durham-Chapel Hill-RTP
Ranked #22 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Great value for the money. Rooms are clean and modern, as is the rest of the hotel. Breakfast is OK. Staff is friendly. Best place to stay in the area. Decent restaurants within walking distance. My company selected this as their hotel of choice for visiting employees. No disappointments in 3 years.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had just traveled back from another country, delayed flight, and was a 5 hour trip from my house - so I stumbled in here, exhausted, to try and find a room. I had actually been recommended to this place from another hotel who had been sold out. I usually try to do my research before staying, as I am in the business, but I was just too tired. What a pleasant surprise!

I was greeted cheerfully by a cute girl named Taylor. She was so kind, it made the stay even better with her attitude and customer service. It was late, and I am sure she had been there hours, but you would have thought I was the most important person staying at this property - kudos to her! A few hotels could learn a thing or two from her service attitude.

The room was clean, comfortable, quiet - exactly what I needed. Breakfast was good, and the people who I encountered were all beyond friendly. The price point, with AAA, was extremely reasonable. It was situated near some stores and good restaurants too. I would highly recommend this property for whatever reason you're in town. Great, great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed in a 1-bedroom king suite. The room was quite spacious. Each room had a TV. The kitchen featured a microwave, full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, stovetop (no oven), and coffee maker. The breakfast was quite good--eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, bagels, etc. The staff was competent and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Got this room thru Priority Club.... regular AAA rate of $131 is great value as room was 1 bed suite. Front desk staff very helpful. This is an extended stay hotel...caters to folks visiting the 2 large hospitals in the area Duke and UNC. Large room and fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher! Even had a toaster oven for am toast or pm pizza. Rooms very clean. Bathrooms were spotless. (Do be careful stepping in/out of the tub cause its raised up) They do allow pets but no evidence of any pet hair in our room. Quiet location is very good for shopping and eating out, Japanese, Chinese, Panera Bread, Moe's and all kinds of eateries nearby. We stayed into eat because they have a guest reception Tues, Wed, Thurs) with food...Guess what?? Carrabbas italian!! not just pasta but chicken and veggies also get free beer and wine and bar munchies. Breakfast has hot cooked eggs and bacon or sausage, waffles and fresh fruit and cottage chesse for the dieters. Used the exercise room and equipment was new and well maintained. Has guest laundry facility. did not use pool but it looked clean. Overall very relaxing and comfortable stay just in time for Valentines week.

Room Tip: Get the side away from interstate 40
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul1125
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Clean, Convenient, Courteous and QUIET.
I stayed here while attending an event in Chapel Hill- Very Convenient. The room was well stocked and clean and the two ladies at the front desk were very courteous. I slept both nights without any disturbance. But best of all- I used my Priority Club Points and the room was FReeeeee :). I stumbled upon a great Point Break Deal. If I'm in this area again I'll be sure to stay here even if Its not free. Ill stay because I won't have any doubts about my decision when I book the room. Oh yeah and restaurants close by....

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed here for a week while visiting Duke University, and it was great! Rooms are clean and comfortable. We had the 2-bedroom suite, and it was spacious enough for us and all our luggage. Only suggestion I would say is that be aware that they do not have sofabeds in the 2 bedroom suites, and no rollaway beds on the property. It wouldnt hurt to change the sofa in the living room to a sofabed, and would make the 2 bedroom suites even more of a great value. One more thing, there is no housekeeping service if you are staying for less than 7 days, but there is a "light-touch" service that replaces towels, soaps daily. This lowers costs and is environmentally friendly too, but not all people will like this. We didnt mind, especially since it saves so much energy and is "greener", plus the rest of our stay was so comfortable! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bellatrix420
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We LOVE this hotel! We use this hotel often for our trips to Duke for our daughter and we've never been disappointed!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family