“Hilton Garden Inn Southpoint Durham, NC”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Sharon, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Southpoint Durham, NC”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Excellent service, very neat and clean, staff very helpful and informative. Lots of things to do in the surrounding area: Malls, shopping stores, Jordan Lake, plenty of places to go eat. The Mall is within walking distance as well as PF Changs and Buffalo Wild Brothers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were really expecting the normal sterile service of even an upscale chain hotel. Instead we were treated to comfort, solicitude and all the extra little services that make a hotel the end itself rather than just the means to an end.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Tappahannock, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was spacious and quite nice. There was only one small problem. The morning of our checkout, my husband was at the front desk asking for a late checkout when he noticed a sign saying that you can sleep better on our mattresses- they're adjustable. The sign wasn't there when we checked in and we ended up sleeping on very firm mattresses. Other than that, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rainsville
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Just had my first stay at this Hilton and man was I impressed. I called a couple of hours out and Jack took my call and was the most accommodating guest service person I have ever dealt with. Once I arrived the check in was very swift and courteous. My room was great. The several trips I made back thru the lobby Jack greeted me by name. I stopped by the bar few a bit and Ryan also provided great, friendly service. Because of these two young men I felt right at home and will be sure to stay again when in town.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful with everything we needed. The lobby was clean and inviting with fresh cookies out every afternoon. Great location right across from the mall. Breakfast available every morning with made to order omelets and waffles. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were part of a group attending a local wedding. The location is great. Southpoint Mall and easy access to restaurants was a real plus. The room was comfortable and well appointed. Always love having a refrigerator in the room.. My only complaint was no bicycle in the exercise room but there was other equipment to use. The breakfast buffet was good and the service was very good. I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Maryland, USA
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Although I work in DC, my company's HQ is in Durham, NC. I have to come to NC several times per year and I always ask my travel department to book me at the Hilton Garden Inn Southpoint if at all possible. I've stayed at other hotels in the area, but the HGI Southpoint is my absolute favorite.

They've recently updated the lobby, and the rooms have been equipped with flat panel TVs (with many HD channels) and personal Keurig coffee makers. Each room also has a mini-fridge and microwave oven. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are a good size.

The location is great, right off I-40 and across the street from the Southpoint mall. The hotel itself is surrounded by another large shopping area with many dining choices within walking distance (Ted's Montana grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, a Mexican restaurant, etc.) plus Ruth's Chris is directly adjacent. The food at the hotel's grill is quite good and reasonably priced. They even have a complimentary happy hour on Wednesday evenings with appetizers and beer/wine. The beer prices normally are also quite reasonable.

The service from the hotel staff is great...of particular note is Ryan, the bartender/server who works in the evenings. He always takes care of his guests and is a great guy,,,be sure to stop by the bar for a beer and say hello.

Here's hoping that I'll be able to book at the Hilton Garden Inn at Southpoint on my next trip to Durham!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business