“My weekend stay”

Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Durham, United States
“My weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We were very pleased with our weekend getaway. It was quiet, cozy, and the hospitality was awesome. I really enjoyed room service. All food was cooked to perfection. The staff was awesome. Anything that we needed all we had to do was ask. Our house keeper was especially nice. She even asked what type of cleaning agents we would like to clean our room. I will recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially if you just need a relaxing quiet stay. This is the place for you. We will definately be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I stayed here on business for a conference this past weekend, and what a pleasant stay it was. After arriving in Raleigh 2 hours late (thanks to the heavy rains from Andrea which made it difficult to land at RDU), arriving at the Hilton Garden Inn was wonderful. The Front Desk staff was very nice, very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and comfortable. A microwave & refrigerator made it great to pop some popcorn and store beverages. The hotel is located across from the Southpoint Mall and a shopping center in front of the hotel with stores like Nordstrom Rack, Babies R Us, World Market, McAlister's Deli, etc. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse next door, Chil's, P.F. Changs, Buffalo Wild Wings.........lots of places to eat. The hotel also has a grill inside and a full bar. Our company had breakfast & lunch provided by the grill, which was very good. The first night some friends and I had dinner at P.F. Chang's, then bought some wine at World Market and proceeded to have our own little party in the lobby. The hotel staff was very nice and assured us that we were not too loud or making nuisances of ourselves. We did have a very good time, no doubt about it. The conference room was very comfortable and everyone with the company enjoyed the hotel very much. The pool is a little small and there were a lot of families with small kids in the pool, and it was disappointing that there was no hot tub, but it wasn't a deal breaker. We enjoyed sitting outside and walking around the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Durham.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sharon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Excellent service, very neat and clean, staff very helpful and informative. Lots of things to do in the surrounding area: Malls, shopping stores, Jordan Lake, plenty of places to go eat. The Mall is within walking distance as well as PF Changs and Buffalo Wild Brothers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

We were really expecting the normal sterile service of even an upscale chain hotel. Instead we were treated to comfort, solicitude and all the extra little services that make a hotel the end itself rather than just the means to an end.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Tappahannock, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was our first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. The room was spacious and quite nice. There was only one small problem. The morning of our checkout, my husband was at the front desk asking for a late checkout when he noticed a sign saying that you can sleep better on our mattresses- they're adjustable. The sign wasn't there when we checked in and we ended up sleeping on very firm mattresses. Other than that, we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rainsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Just had my first stay at this Hilton and man was I impressed. I called a couple of hours out and Jack took my call and was the most accommodating guest service person I have ever dealt with. Once I arrived the check in was very swift and courteous. My room was great. The several trips I made back thru the lobby Jack greeted me by name. I stopped by the bar few a bit and Ryan also provided great, friendly service. Because of these two young men I felt right at home and will be sure to stay again when in town.

• Stayed May 2013
Vancouver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

The staff was great. Very friendly and helpful with everything we needed. The lobby was clean and inviting with fresh cookies out every afternoon. Great location right across from the mall. Breakfast available every morning with made to order omelets and waffles. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family