“yet another stay at HGI Durham”

Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Charlotte, North Carolina
“yet another stay at HGI Durham”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

And a great stay at that! With family in the area, we visit quite a lot. The King suite with two bathrooms is very much worth the extra $20.00.

We particularly enjoy the fine service from the breakfast staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mark H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and also got to experience one of our king suites. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and also the service you received from our breakfast staff. We will make sure to let them know how well you felt treated. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Durham.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business and was pleased with the customer service upon checking in and out. Hotel offered umbrella for the two days that rained. Stayed on the sixth floor facing the front with minimal noise or distractions. Room was a good size as well as the bathroom. Pleased with the housekeeping here, as the room was nicely cleaned each day. Hotel is across from the Southpoint Mall and very easy access to Highway 40.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times on business trips.

The hotel is in good condition and the staff is wonderful. The restaurant breakfast is average and the restaurant can be quite crowded on weekdays. There is a Ruth's Chris connected to the hotel which is nice (per diem buster)!

The hotel location provides plenty of dining and shopping options.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Check-in was a breeze, they honored my room preferences (high floor, away from the elevator) and the staff offered me complimentary bottled water. I was surprised that neither the elevators nor the common areas on the room floors were adequately air conditioned -- this made for an uncomfortable few minutes every time I left the room (especially in work clothes).

The rooms at the hotel are a nice size and there was a large desk where I could work (free WiFi, too). There was also a refrigerator and a stocked Keurig machine. I had a room facing the highway and was bothered by road noise -- but, I solved the problem by running the fan on the a/c (which worked well in the room, thankfully) as white noise. Next time I stay, I will request a room facing the parking lot as they seem to honor room preferences.

The hotel is near a strip mall and right across the street from a large mall, so the location is fabulous for restaurant choices -- I ate at Maggiano's and had a wonderful meal. There is also a Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, and more. Last time I stayed, I had a great dinner at the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse located in the hotel.

My package included breakfast. The buffet was busy at 7:45 a.m. -- the tables were full and they were out of coffee, eggs and plates. But, the waitress was super nice and made sure that more plates were immediately on the way and that eggs would be on the way soon, and that tables were immediately cleaned and re-set when vacated. Everything I ate was good (eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes). No coffee, though -- not a big deal as I had some in the room and knew I could get more at the office.

Overall, great stay and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room, ask for a high floor away from the elevator and facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
boston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It was a good family reunion the hall room was neet and tidy the buffet was good and pleasant and having a reunion in a hotel was fun and cool. I would come back to the Hilton Garden Inn and another city and state for a stay vacation site. I hope you have one in New Jersey in the garden state because I will be looking for one to visit some family in one of those cities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Fredericksburg, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Incredible! Had a great stay, staff was very helpful and breakfast was amazing. I expect nothing less from the Garden Inn. From Check in to Check out the staff was available and responsive to all my questions. Wish I could have stayed an extra few days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Canton, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

the hotel is great. the food is pricey for the quality but good enough because we did not want to go out. a nice selection of wines and a full bar with a bartender that knows how to make a drink, a big plus for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple