“Excellent fine dining”
Review of Metro 8 Steakhouse

Metro 8 Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Metro 8 Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 785 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner here on the first night of our honeymoon. Staff was helpful and friendly, prices were great and food was fantastic!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I went during restaurant week. Wed. is half off bottles of wine. The RW menu was terrific and economical. We were able to try several things from their menu and the owners recommended the perfect pairing wine. We totally enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have eaten here 3 times and each time it was wonderful. I always order the filet mignon with the peppercorn sauce and my husband has tried several of the steaks offered, and we both have been very pleased with the preparation and the quality of the food.
The Metro 8 is located in a quaint little section of Durham. It has several other resturants and little shoppes around it where you can shop or browse.
I think it is a little pricey but well worth the extra money.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I chose to celebrate our twenty seventh anniversary at Metro 8. This was our first visit. We chose to pick Argentinian specialties from the menu. We Loved the beef empanadas appetizer. It was warn, crispy, filled with flavorful beef and came with a salsa that was fresh. For entree's we chose churasco skirt steaks with stuffed baked potatoes. We each enjoyed a glass of red Malbec wine from Argentina. It was surprisingly good and serve to complement to the steaks. We were too full to try a desert. But the NY cheesecake looked good enough to tempt us back for another visit.

2  Thank Pack D
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I ate here during a business trip and was very pleased throughout. The waitress was super friendly and the service was really good. I had the grilled tuna (yes I know it's a steakhouse) which was great and cooked to perfection. I came in early so there weren't many people at the restaurant yet.

1  Thank Guy B