“Hard to find, but the food and service is great!!!”
Review of Nosh

Nosh
Ranked #56 of 791 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My daughter and I decided to give Nosh a try one early afternoon when we had a break between her doctor appointments at Duke Children's. It is VERY close to the hospital, but a bit hard to find. It's not up on the main road. It's in a strip mall area that is very nice, clean and has ample parking. It's not on the road side of the mall, it's located on the back corner. We drove past three times before we saw the sign.

When we walked in, there were so many great options it was hard to figure out what we wanted! My daughter had seen someone get their chips and she knew that's exactly the side she wanted for her yummy, juicy burger on a very good bun! It wasn't just a regular burger that you'd get from a regular sit-down chain. The burger was juicy, meaty and served on a really good bun! The chips were awesome! Made there and the texture was perfect! They were crisp with areas of 'fresh potato' taste in them. I decided to do a breakfast. I am not usually in the mood for 'breakfast out', but the Duke specialty was calling my name with sausages, pancakes, eggs and these AMAZING potatoes that had some very 'unexpected seasonings and flavors' (BUT, that's what MADE THEM AWESOME!!!) We left FULL and very happy.

I also liked that it was a 'walk up' to order and they brought your food out to you. Not really fast food, but it was served quickly. The décor was neat! It's also been on a food network show. Lots of locals. Just be prepared...the locals can get jumpy and testy with you if you stand in line trying to figure out what you want to order. They know. They come in, they walk up and they KNOW what their order will be...The two guys behind us were our only negative experience. We asked three questions about the menu to the person taking our order. The guys behind us noticeably shook their heads and let out a heavy 'we don't want to wait for you' sigh! We were not being unreasonable with our questions- most who don't eat there on a weekly basis will be excited to have the options that this place has to offer. Obviously, Nosh had nothing to do with those two rude guys...but it was very clear that this was a place for the 'locals'...which makes it great- because if the locals flock there- it's got to be great!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I always enjoy lunch at Nosh. This restaurant is close to Duke University and is just behind Erwin Road at LaSalle St. Food is good and staff are friendly. This is a casual place, where you order at the front, take a seat, and then food is brought to you.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We found this place by luck. We were driving around and looking to grab something fast. Glad we found it. The prices are cheap, and the food was really good!! On a Sat get there before noon, because it gets really crowded fast. Plenty of seats, which was nice!! Def will go back if in town again!!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I am huge fan of Nosh for not only their food but also because they are a huge supporter of the Durham community. They provide support to a variety of organizations and really work hard to make you feel like family. On top of all of that the food is great. A good mix of different types of food for all meal times. I particularly like their breakfast, providing huge portions and enormous pancakes. It does get very busy and the line can get very long but I will admit that it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Don't know why we waited so long to try Nosh. It was great!! They were very busy but managed to take our order and serve us quickly. I got the chicken and cheese biscuit which you could tell it had just been made. HOT chicken, fresh biscuit! My Wife got the breakfast pizza but after trying I wanted to trade meals. We can not wait to go back and try something else. Also they let you bring your dog and sit outside which is very cool!

Been to Nosh? Share your experiences!