“Fresh & Friendly”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I found myself in the area alone and needed to grab lunch - something fresh and ambient. Bocci fit the bill. Variety in the menu. Reasonable prices, including lunch specials. The Cali Wrap was super fresh. Perfect!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My mom and I have been enjoying lunch at Bocci's for several years, usually after several hours of shopping at the nearby mall. I moved away from Durham three years ago but was recently in town for family events. Mom and I jumped at the chance to return to Bocci's.
The menu is more than decent and reasonably priced. We typically order either salads or sandwiches or wraps and a glass (or two) of wine. This last visit, I had the California Wrap (think a cobb salad in a wrap) and Mom had a calzone (which was absolutely huge). Actually, both of us ended up taking 1/2 of our lunches home where they tasted just fine the next day for lunch. All of the other items we've had on the menu have been just fine, too.
What we like the most about Bocci is they never, ever rush us out of there, even those times when we've been sitting there lingering over our wine for upwards of two hours.
Prices are reasonable, too.
Looks like my parents will soon be leaving the area as well so not sure if we'll ever get to return to Bocci but we would if we got the chance.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went to Bocci on a Friday night about 6:30 pm and it was packed. We put our names in and waited about 35 minutes for a table. It was appropriately appointed and not fancy, but attractive. The menu is extensive and varied. After we ordered, the food came out really fast. We all had our salads in no time and by the time we were finished the salads, the entrees came out. The portions were extremely generous, almost too big, but the prices were very reasonable. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly and did a fabulous job taking care of us. This was my first time here, but I would recommend that on a Friday, you go early or go late.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We've been to Bocci many times, mostly in nice weather, because of their great outdoor seating. That continues to be perhaps their best attribute. We find their food to be nothing special, and -- more than once -- our pizza has been so overdone that it was practically black on the bottom. The spinach ricotta balls, however, are the exception -- quite good. What we dislike about Bocci is recurring treatment from the staff that seems to say, "Aren't you done yet? Hurry up so we can seat somebody else at your table." This is particularly true when we dine inside -- and we absolutely are not notorious "lingerers." All in all, Bocci isn't bad; it just isn't great; and the service does nothing to compensate for its lackluster fare.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We ended up at Bocci in Durham at a friend's recommendation. It's in a strip mall, and we had fairly low expectations. Our expectations were far exceeded. Service was knowledgeable and friendly, but the best was the food: outright delicious. I had the chef's featured homemade ravioli--which was acorn squash; it was incredible. I started with the eggplant" stax"--lightly breaded eggplant--crisp, stacked with mozzarella and tomato and dressed with balsamic. My husband had rigatoni portobello with a caramelized onion cream sauce. Everything was complemented with fresh baby arugula. We live in a place that has no shortage of excellent restaurants, but if we lived in Durham we'd probably eat here weekly.