“can't beat the fried chicken”
Review of Shrimp Boat - CLOSED

Shrimp Boat
Cuisines: Seafood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,169 helpful votes
“can't beat the fried chicken”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

They have the best fried chicken. Their chuck wagon sandwich is also very good. But I love their veggies. I can get their cabbage and pinto beans with a side of their honey biscuits (they just melt in your mouth) and I'm set. For a fast take-out dinner you can't go wrong stopping here. You order at the counter and if you want to eat in, there are several tables.

Visited October 2013

“Not worth the trouble of getting too”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Can offer challenging left turns onto and off a busy boulevard with limited visibility. Consistently greasy food with not much taste but the grease. Maybe more interesting as history than cuisine.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank BornTooLoose
Durham, North Carolina
“If you want Fried Chicken, this is the place”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is comfort food. And not the fancy, hoite toite kind. It's real. It's salty. It's greasy. And it's the best darn fried chicken in town.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank GrnGardener
Durham, North Carolina
“Great pulled chicken sandwhich”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I always get the chicken sandwhich. They fry it (white or dark meat) then pull the meat off the bone, toast the bun, and layer lettuce and tomatoe! It's awaesome!

I really don;t get anything else but my husband loves the trout with greens and pinto beans.

You can get home cooking here.

They are closed on Saturday and Sundays and are only open from 11a-8p (I think).

The decor is old but clean!! I used to go here with my mom when I was a child and I am 34 years old now...I still eat here!

• Visited March 2012
“This Place Sucks”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

food was not good. it had no seasoning and it was over cooked. fish was old and over battered to cover up the oldness of the fish. i went to this restaurant a year ago and the food was very good but now under new management the food is terrible. I will not go back if you are looking for sea food go to kemps on hwy 70 it is worth the trip

• Visited September 2011