“Home Style Food”

Clayton, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home Style Food”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Looking for something better than a burger and shake without spending a fortune? Look no further then Country Junction! This is where truck drivers eat when on the road. Great food on a budget!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Fredrick C

Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good breakfast and lunch”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have been the customer of this place almost for last 5 years. Their food is cheap, but very tasty. As a loyal regular customer of Country Junction, I am almost offended by the other comment here. My friends and I enjoy breakfast because the real fresh eggs are used and larger than the usual size I would buy from grocery myself. I don't know where the other reviewer got the idea of the eggs tasting like some DNA experiment because those are real eggs.. I know for sure because I can order any style of eggs for breakfast plates. The owners are super friendly and they use the ingredients that are as fresh as possible for everything they serve, such as toppings that would go into the sandwiches. Cheap white bread straight out of an institutional food truck? What kind of fancy look did that reviewer expect for the toasted bread? Wow.. the food is much better at the Boj or McDonalds? Never heard of any of friends saying that of this restaurant. You can peek in the kitchen area and see how the food is prepared.. You would never know what's happening in those fast food places. At least Country Junction food would be a lot fresher and healthier. I sometimes go here for lunch which is also great with good price and tasty food. The owner is really really friendly and even remembers my usual order as soon as I walk in. As far as I learned from my experience, I don't buy the history of this restaurant the other reviewer mentioned about. I am happy with my regular breakfast place, and reading the other review makes me wonder if this person works for other restaurant and had bad intention of brining down reputation for this place by rating 1! Just my two pennies.. because he tries to analyze the food as if he's some kind of food expert. But whatever the others think, my friends and I like this place.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JLedermen
Durham NC
“One of the Worst”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

From the outside, it looks like a redneck trailer diner. A little research shows in fact it was a redneck diner many years ago when it opened. But newer owners have taken over since, and while they haven't changed the signs, the newer owners have not mastered this cuisine. The prices are great, but the food reflects the low low prices. The coffee was awful, as bad as we've ever had at a restaurant. The cheap whitebread toast looks straight out of an institutional food truck. The eggs tasted recombined from some DNA experiment. Go next door to the McDonalds or the Bojangles. The food is much better, for just $1 or so more.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Country Junction? Share your experiences!