“Everything was wonderful!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Hillsborough, Nc
“Everything was wonderful!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was the recipient of a gift certificate from this restaurant and am so happy I got it! My husband and I had dinner here on Saturday night 6/21/14 and loved everything about it. The wait staff was fantastic, super attentive without being obnoxious. Even the additional support staff was talkative and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The food was scrumptious....and we had a variety for sure!

We started with four different small plates including the lamb chops, octopus, mushrooms and the baked scallops. My husband loved all of them....and I loved all except the octopus but I think that was a "head thing" not necessarily a taste thing. I've never been a fan of scallops either but these were really good...not rubbery and were finely prepared! The lamb chops were perfectly cooked, tender and seasoned well.

The special of the night was wild mushroom ravioli with Italian sausage. Super good! I would have been just fine without the sausage though and just had a vegetarian meal. Very tasty! My husband had the CRUSTED CESARE CHICKEN BREAST and it was very good as well.

For dessert we chose the tiramisu and the cannoli. The plan was to bring the tiramisu home and eat the cannoli there although it was suggested to reverse that because of the delicacy of the tiramisu and the hot temperatures. Both were wonderful too. We did end up bringing some tiramisu home though as we just couldn't eat it all. My husband doesn't like the coffee flavor but even he liked this. It was not overpowering at all but was very light and a perfect summer dessert.

Overall, great dinner! Great service! Super friendly staff and very reasonable pricing! We will definitely be back and highly suggest that you go too!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Susan C

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A true trattoria!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stop by last Friday and find this excellent restaurant. Since went threw the doors find a nice and unique decoration, you can feel the nice ambiance. A picture of a traditional Italian family looking at us was funny. The most important.. the food was just amazing Greek salad fresh, LASAGNA ohh my God.. is delicious!!. Service very friendly and you can see a team work, a couple of customers even got a hug when they came. Well I hope to come back soon to have such a nice meal and spare time.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Maximo L
Statesville, North Carolina
“Very poor quality”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We went as group of six. It started with bread, about the quality of cheap store bought rolls, warm but not hot. We got six different entrees. All lacked seasoning and flavor. Even the tomatoes were tasteless. Asked twice for some Parmesan and they never brought it. Service was poor. Since we were group of six they forced us to pay 20% tip but definitely did not deserve it. One of the worst Italian restaurant we have ever gone to. Do not recommend going here.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chuck R
Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Good Food, Good Price”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Went in at 7pm on a Saturday and the place was packed. That is always a good sign. We had no reservations and had to wait about 20 minutes. The service was a little slow but it was to be expected coming at that hour with so many customers. The food was plenty and tasted great. We opted for tapas and so we ate a bunch of small dishes that we shared. Great food and very good deserts as well. i would definitely go back but maybe a little earlier or later to avoid the madness. Obviously, a big hit with the locals.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jim P
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Our experience was a bit different. I was not impressed. From the Parker house rolls not homemade, expensive, very ordinary garlic bread to the bland spaghetti carbonara with very fatty prosciutto, I can say I was very disappointed. There are way too many very good places to eat in Durham to settle for mediocre.

1 Thank Cheryl R